Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  58
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Yay! I got accepted!

Hi! I would first like to thank Barbara for helping with the registration process.
    My introduction of myself could be very long but I'll try to limit it. I started crocheting when I was 9 years old. It was my first year as a 4-H member; my first project was a poncho made entirely of granny squares. I got a blue ribbon on that project and it was the beginning of a lifetime love of crocheting. Most of my current projects are small items; I have many craft passions and prefer to make items that are quick. I also enjoy sewing, embroidering, cross-stitch, and card making (I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator).
    I have three children; my second is having his high school graduation open house on this Saturday. My oldest is my only daughter, she loves to knit and is self taught with a little help from me. She will receive her Associates Degree in Early Childhood Development by the end of this year. My baby has another year of school to go. Our children have been home schooled from kindergarten through high school. Hubby and I will celebrate our 24th Anniversary this year.
    We live on about four acres in Michigan; I have two large gardens, a strawberry patch, apple, peach and cherry trees, raspberry, blackberry and blueberry bushes and grape vines. I try to preserve as much of our produce as I can. We also have 9 hens, 22 rabbits, 7 cats, 4 dogs, and 1 guinea pig. Some days life can be pretty crazy around here, but it's hardly ever boring!
    I can't wait to start searching through patterns here on Crochet Talk!!
    Dawn

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Crochet Talk Dawn!! Oh my gosh, you sound like a very busy lady who lives out the the country! How lucky you are and the best place to live!

3. Likes ILikeCrochet, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and you do have a busy life. I love all the fruit trees. I have a cherry and an apple tree but they don't produce much. The cherry is young and the apple is old. The deer around here eat well and they clean all the fruit off the trees before I can get it. At least they did last year and the peach tree died so nobody gets peaches this year. The cherry produced 4 cherries this year and none last year so looking forward to more than 4 next year. I have three pecan trees but they are in shade and my bil won't move them for me until the Fall. They are old enough to produce nuts but they haven't and I think it is because they are in the shade so I want them moved.

5. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie, welcome and happy crocheting.

7. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Dawn. Yes, sounds like you have a busy, happy life. I also have multiple hobbies besides crochet. I make lots of cards, and post on SCS a lot. Also sew for my grandchildren. They live on an acreage, and are also home schooled.
    Annette

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible."
    Dalai Lama

9. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    o my golly ge..........you make me feel l a z y.....How you stay on top of all of that is beyond me! Chewing gum and walking is a chore for me! I love to listen to books [ portable cd player &/or MP3 ] and crochet....Lots of rain here this Spring my small garden spot has been under water every other day...Might have to stick with Morning Glories instead of tomatoes this year

11. Likes N/A, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Pickles: I'm tired just thinking about it!!!!! I feel good that I dusted the house this AM. HAHA.

Dawn: You are still young and it sounds like you have a gorgeous yard and farm, and a happy family! My grandchildren think I am really old at 65. Have a great day. Shirley

13. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Wait!! Lili, what is this thing called dusting? Do you sprinkle something around the house? I've never heard this term before??? LOL Dusting happens when I move something and then I wipe the circle off and keep right on going. Or if my duaghter comes up who is picky and then I MIGHT dust then.

15. Likes luapmerriam, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Faye: I could write my name on any piece of furniture. When the wind blows 40-50 MPH, I eventually have to break down and do it!!! But I know by noon it will be back!!!!! Shirley

17. Likes N/A, Purple Dahlias liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Dawn.. I got tired just reading your intro! lol

19. Likes Purple Dahlias liked this post