Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intro

Post Thanks / Like

Intro

I'm yarnmama!

I'm a left handed crocheter. I have been crocheting for many years. My favorite projects to crochet are baby hats and clutch purses. I have also made many a crocheted scarf. Last winter I crocheted a sweater. Looking forward to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

So you're a lefthanded crocheter? That's cool! My mother-in-law is right handed but holds her crochet hook in a really weird way. I tried to crochet the way she does and my hand cramped almost immediately!!

So glad you could join us and look forward to getting to know you better!!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yarnmama, how is it to be a left-handed crocheter? I mean...I don't know but is it as easy to follow patterns or are there special types of patterns for left-handed people? Anyway, it is great you are here! Join in the fun and fire away your questions whenever you want to know something crochet (or not)!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yarnmama View Post
    I'm yarnmama!

I'm a left handed crocheter. I have been crocheting for many years. My favorite projects to crochet are baby hats and clutch purses. I have also made many a crocheted scarf. Last winter I crocheted a sweater. Looking forward to the forum.
    Hey dear! Welcome to crochet talk. Wow clutch purses? Oh I would love to see your work and possibly perhaps get a copy of the patterns that you use. I haven't been able to make a decent crochet purse as of yet. I would love to learn how. Hope to see more of you around!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Yarnmama!
    I'm into doing hats, too. I have a new granddaughter that will be one year old in December that I crocheted several hats for when she was born, however, I made them all too big and I was informed by my daughter recently that maybe this year they would fit, lol! I guess that's a good thing that they will eventually grow into them, NOT! lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group! My son is left handed as well.

So, do you crochet with your left or your right hand. I hear that it is recommended to still crochet with your right. This is true with learning to play the guitar, too. It is recommended to still play, as if right handed.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet and do most everything else with my left hand...I only throw a ball right-handed...I haven't noticed any problems with my crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also a left-handed crocheter. I am self-taught. I bought a beginner book, substituted left for right in the directions and never looked back. My mother crocheted, but was unable to teach me 'cause she said I did everything backward. But, over the years I have made many things, both knitted and crocheted. I hold my hook in my left hand as if I am holding a pencil. It is much easier for me that way. My daughter is a "righty" and holds her hook in her right hand, using her thumb and index finger to guide the hook. The only difference in my crochet and a righty is, my spirals turn "backward". No one has ever noticed it, except me, so I guess it is all right. I have knitted skirts, vests, purses, sweaters, Barbie clothes and am working on a sweater for an American Girl doll. I prefer crochet, I can see progress faster. This season it is hats, mittens, and some baby things. After Christmas I will start on afghans for grandchildren. They have put their orders in, even gave me a list of colors.