Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from West Texas

I'm new to your group and just wanted to stop by and tell you a little about myself.
    I am a mom to three and grandma to six. I live in the "mother-in-law suite"on my youngest daughters property. It's a small guest house and just the perfect size for me and my three dogs.

I do thread crochet, almost always size 10 thread.
    I have made several elaborate Barbie doll dresses/gowns. I'm not trying to sell them to you here, but this is where you can see the best pictures of them.
    Cottage Decor | Barbie Crochet | Online Store Powered by Storenvy
    It's easier to show the pics there than to try and post a bunch of pictures in this message.
    I have about six more Barbie gowns finished and will put pictures of them at another time.
    I have them displayed in a small (dust proof) cabinet, but I'm running out of room and need to either sell some of them or get another display cabinet which I don't have room for.

I also crochet doilies. That's about it for my variety in crochet...lol

Lately I have been wanting to crochet some clothing for dollhouse miniature size dolls but haven't found any crochet patterns that scale out there on the www. I'd prefer free but would pay for good patterns. If anyone knows where I can find that size clothes crochet patterns I would be thrilled to hear about them.

TIA
    Shirley

2. Likes Anaisa, aporfirio liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

We are glad you are here with us and look forward to learning more about you! Thanks for joining us! We would love to see some of your work in the forums from time to time if you don't mind!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shirley! Your doll cloth are so nice! You are master, I am Larisa from Europe. Have you seen broom mini dolls? If you explain what you want - I can try to find patterns in my language. We have very different sites here
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    The patterns I am seeking are for (adult miniature dolls) 7" tall and (children miniature dolls) 3"-4" tall. They are not like baby dolls, they are slender like people. They are 1:12 scale. One inch "real life size" equals 1" miniature size. They are for 1:12 dollhouses.

I saw some dollhouse miniature crocheted clothing at a miniature show I went to recently and was so inspired. I suspect she made the patterns herself. I don't know if I can do that but I may give it a shot at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shirley! Sorry I am not English speaking and I did not understand well. If you would attach picture... I found some pictures if these are what you want. http://img1.liveinternet.ru/images/a...5908575_u0.jpghttp://s019.radikal.ru/i604/1205/d3/17b27c233ab2.jpghttp://img0.liveinternet.ru/images/a...74156538_1.jpg I can find other but I do not know
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Shirley, Welcome. I love dolls, and yours are stunning. I live in West,Tx. I assume you are in the West part of Texas. Looking forward to hearing and learning from you as we all learn something from each other. Have a blessed day..Donna

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, and welcome; I like to crochet w/ thread as well; happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you kl1000 .....while looking for pictures to show you I found a book online that I ordered. I think it is a good start and perhaps I will be able to modify the patterns to my liking.
    Hello from West Texas-51sbh-zxxcl-_sx285_-jpg

and thank you adairdm.....such a tragedy that happened in your town. Have not heard much about it lately but my prayers are with you all. Yes, I live in West Texas.......Lubbock to be specific.

@Anaisa ......yes, I love thread crochet, too! I've worked with yarn for hats, scarves and such, but since I am a dolllhouse miniature collector and designer, I guess I just love working with the smallest parts of each type of craft.

10. Likes Anaisa liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Shirley and welcome from San Antonio, TX. If your avatar is any indication your doll clothes are spectacular! Can't wait to see more of them. I knit and crochet, but haven't done thread crochet in some time (old eyes). So glad you joined us and I know you will be too. Everyone here is just wonderful - so kind and helpful. Hugs, Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all! I responded in this thread yesterday, but it never did post, so just wanted to be sure and say "Thank You" and I love it here!
    Also wanted to let kl000 know that while looking for a picture for her, I found a dollhouse miniature crochet book on Amazon and ordered it.
    I think it's going to at least give me a start for the mini clothes.