Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: new

Post Thanks / Like

new

Hi! I'm new. I hope to learn more about crocheting. I can crochet the basics, but I really haven't made anything that fits correctly. But I really enjoyed crocheting them. Melen

Post Thanks / Like
    Melen,

It is a pleasure to have you as a new member! My name is Barbara and I am from Oklahoma. I have gained so much information from those sharing in the group!

Learning crocheting is a process which takes time for some, including myself. What projects are you working on, or plan to work on?

I look forward to learning more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Melen,
    I am in the same category as you. I love to crochet, mostly I do afghans and scarves...things that don't require exact fit measurements, but I have come along way since joining this group. There are many very experienced crocheters in this group and all are very helpful. What I have difficulty with is reading patterns and mostly getting the gauge correctly, but I am getting better and when I'm stuck, I come right to the forum. You will be amazed at the resources here. Through u tube links, how to pages and just positive reinforcement from others.
    Welcome aboard and let us know how your projects go.

Post Thanks / Like

my problem.

My problem is when I start a project I never seem to get the sample swatch the right size, therefore, my project comes out looking ok, but usually to short (small).

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Melen,

Welcome to this group. To solve your problem, you can try changing to a bigger hook, and/or getting a thread with a thicker gauge. Try creating a swatch that will come up with the required size and voila! You can now create the actual project. Also, you can try to practice more since most new crocheters do their stitches a little bit tightly. I too did that before. But more relaxed stitches come with practice. Relax your hands a bit when you're stitching, and I'm pretty sure you'll have a better swatch size.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks. right now, i am not working on anything. I plan to start a new project in January, after I get over the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not currently working on anything, but hope to start a new project in January, after I the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like
    thank you, I will try that on my next project which i hope to start in January if I survive the holidays. I will keep in touch.