Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, i'm doris. I just decided to learn to crochet today after seeing a good dish rag.

2. Likes DorisAnn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Doris,
    You will love using your crochet dishrag. It is amazing how much easier it is to clean grease off the stove. I have found that there are a lot of friends and family who love receiving them.

I taught myself how to crochet using videos. After 3 years, I am beginning to get out of the "easy" patterns -- to the "intermediate" patterns. Just hang in there. You will find alot of support and ideas on this forum. Have a Merry Christmas! So glad you have joined our group. rose ann

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Doris,

It is nice to have you on board! I am excited that you are interested in learning to crochet! It will definitely be a treat to learn to create new projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    Doris,
    I am a beginner too, but in a very short time since I joined this group, I have managed 2 beautiful afghans and a set of coasters! It is so exciting to complete a project that you can use. This group has been the best. You will be on your way in no time.
    Welcome aboard.

6. Likes Barbara G. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Doris,
    You are so lucky to have Facebook tutorials to help you learn if you don't have someone near you to help you. Keep us updated on your progress. I am rather new here and love hearing about what others are working on.
    Happy New Year
    Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! I use to crochet when I was younger. I went to my cousins house Christmas day and she had an abundance of yarn. I got excited and told her I wanted to make a hat that would hold all of my locs. She found a pattern and I finished my hat the same day. Now I am excited and ready to really get going creating some of the things I enjoy the most; blankets, scarfs, handbags. She told me youtube is great for how-to videos. And I am googling patterns to try. I see this as a relaxing hobby for the new year!
    Last edited by Mamagen007; 12-27-2011 at 10:40 AM. Reason: grammatical errors

Post Thanks / Like
    Mamagen007,

Welcome to the group! It is nice to have you! It is great to hear about your inspiration in crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi doris bugg and mamagen007! Welcome to you both! It's nice to hear about your own unique stories related to crocheting. I'm happy you found this forum, and I'm sure you will enjoy being here as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope you will be very patient with this 71 year old woman. I am old but not dead!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doris,
    Hey, I am 62 and I choose to think of myself and in my best years. You can get the hang of things, just takes practice. I do like coming here to see what everyone is doing, and everyone is very nice. And it is a good place to go for help.

My best advise to anyone just starting out is to not worry about how many times you have to pull something out, look at it as a learning process and think more about the end project.

Enjoy,
    Judi G