Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello again, Judi,
    Well I have my hook (size H) and my yarn. I have done 10 single crochets. How much longer does it take to make something?
    Doris

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Doris, I am new to this group but have been crocheting for some time. Dish cloths are a good item to start on they are small and you can get that sense of accomplishment in a few short days. You will find many free patterns on the net that you can download. I have always found that a cotton yarn is the best for wash clothes. Happy hooking!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Doris,

Sorry I didn't see this before now. For my dish cloths I chain 30, SC across. At end of row make 1 ch (chain) Turn
    then work SC (single crochet) across to end of next row.
    I continue making rows until it ends up the size I think will work for my dish cloth.

Happy stitching, Hope this will help you.
    Let me know how you make out.
    Judi G

4. Likes MrsIrn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Yes, Judi,
    This makes it much easier than trying to learn different stitches !! I may have one done by next week!!
    Doris

6. Likes MrsIrn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Good going Doris!! Also check out Youtube for tutorials to learn new stitches and projects that you can work along with, then stop and start it as you go.

I have my crochet meeting tonight. We are a group of ladies who meet once a month at a local restaurant, have dinner then crochet until 8:00. We donate granny lapghans to local nursing homes plus other things, but you don't have to. I love getting together with people who love to crochet. Maybe others can look around their areas, church groups, yarn stores may be aware of groups that you can join. We help each other learn stitches and just have a nice time together.....just a thought.

Happy stitching.
    Judi G

8. Likes MrsIrn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,I'm Lisa Gramling and I used to crochet all the time years ago but have started trying to do it again and it's not like riding a bicycle-I'm having to teach myself all over again and find the instructions difficult to follow-have they changed or am I just getting older and harder to learn? Nice to join the group

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lisa,
    My name is Judi G. And welcome to our little group, which isn't staying so little from the sounds of it.

I too learned to crochet years ago. Then gave it up for many years and have gotten back into it 3 or 4 years ago. I suggest you go on YouTube and punch in crochet tutorials. You will find a lot of help there from several different people. They have the videos showing how to make the stitches and later how to even make some projects. I wish this had been around years ago when I first learned, it is so nice to follow along and stop and start the videos as needed.
    Happy stitching.
    Judi G

11. Likes MrsIrn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to each of the new members in this thread! It is a pleasure to have each of you! You will find we are a very pleasant group with lots of great ideas and crochet stories!