Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Cool I,ma retired florist &librarian, widow, almost 75 yrs young. Like to read and crochet

I,m a retired librarian & floral arranger. Widow, 75 yrs young. Like to read & crochet.Love animals especially cats. I have 2. Don't understand a lot of the words in this place so will need lots of help. New user of computer.

2. Likes LindaMurphy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladybug,

It is great to have you as a member. We are a very patient group and love to help if we can! Glad that you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know what all the symbols mean on this page. as a result don't know what to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    ladybug,

Which symbols are you referring to? Are you looking right above your text box? If so, these are additional features you can use when posting.

If you need help, let us know. You did just fine posting into the thread box, so you should be fine doing simple posting within the forums.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was on another page where you tell more about yourself. It doesn't take much to confuse me. I'll do more after the holidays. I just finished my salad for tomorrows dinner at my daughters. My son, his wife , their 4 yr old girl, me daughter & her 10 yr old son. Just finished wrapping pkgs for stockings for everyone. So I,m pretty tired. Went shopping from 10 to 2 today. Surprised there wern;t more people. More later. Merry Christmas!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcom ladybug! Don't be daunted by what you don't know right now. This group will have you well on your way in no time! Barbara G is a particularly great help and somewhat of the gatekeeper here for new members and is invaluable at resources. Hang in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    HAD A GREAYT day yesterday. Good dinner. Spent some time on this site last night. Looking thru hat patterns(free). Found gobs of them but lots were like some I already had. Found one to copy.I've done lots of them for charity.Hospital nursery, Santas anonomys in my town & the elementry school after Christmas always needs hats. Still working on my extras for Share a Square afghans for children with cancer camps. We sent 150 last yr & working for the same this year.Its on facebook & ravelry that I know of. Deadline to send sqs is Feb.Visit the Facebook Fac page to find the details. Waiting to see what my kids are going to do on my birthday tomorrow. My son has to work a 12 hr shift. They sometimes take me to dinner, but I don;t think that will happen tomorrow. I'll be 75 yrs young, relativrly good health wise, too heavy but thats been an ongoing battle for umpteen yrs. Must get my dryer will do more later. Thank you ladies for the encouragement!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ladybug,

Welcome to this group! We're all glad to have you here. Looks like you have a lot on your hands right now.
    I love cats too and I also have 2 of them. There's a third, but she's more of a transient cat than a regular family member
    Don't worry so much about getting your message across and being a new computer user. It will get through all right...

Take care!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladybug! I'm new here too and wanted to welcome you. I also have a cat and a dog. Love them both to pieces. My avatar is my dog when he was 10 wks old. I prefer crocheting being that it's much easier than knitting but that is me. It just goes quicker for me. What wonderful time spent, charity. It always makes me feel good to give to others. You will be an expert at the computer in no time just like crocheting. Have a nice evening

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the replys. Ihad a very quiet day for my birthday yesterday. But good. Lovely flowers from my daughter & a visit from my son & grandaughter. Today I went shopping. It was the 51 anniv. of my mom's passing. so I've kept busy. I will forever think She made up her mind to hold on until my day was over so it wouldn't br bad for me. I talked to her the day befor my birthday & she was adement that I go & have a good time with my boyfriend(who ended up my husband). She knew his mom & loved her & knew all about him.She was worried about me because I was the only one not married. I told her I was going to marry mhim. He just didn't know yet, just to put her mind at ease.Married 17 yrs. before he passed from colen cancer as did his mom. Aunt, uncle & nephew.So my 2 kids get regular ck ups.Moving to happier topics. I learned to crochet whwn I was 9 but didn't do anything with it until the last 5 yrs. Made5 afghans & sent to my sis for her & her 4 kids. Made 2 more for ladies I work with part time at the flower shop 7 another one almost done for the 3rd lady.And 2 more just barely startede when I changed to doing the share a squares. I will finish it this winter , plus work on the baby & childrens hats I give away. I pick up yarn at yard sales & at leftover sales.Must sign off for now & fold laundry & a couple of other things. Thanks again all of you ladies!