Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, I'm Gerry from the hot state of Texas

I have been crocheting off and on for a lot of years. I have just started back and I am realizing just how much enjoyment I missed out on. Right now I am making scarves for vets. But I also enjoy making shawls and afghans.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

It is so nice to meet you! What a great idea to make scarves for vets! Do you do this helping a specific organization?

Post Thanks / Like

reply to Barbara

Hi Barbara,

Pleased to make your acquaintance.

I got involved making scarves because I stumbled across a web sight while I was searching for patterns and yarn. I send the scarves to a group associated with the WWII Museum in New Orleans. The group then disperses the scarves to VA groups around the country who in turn give them to the homeless vets in their area.

What type of things do you enjoy making? Do you have any special projects that you do to use up your left over yarn? I use mine to make mats for the animals at our local shelter. I usually end up with these small amounts of yarn and I find this is the easiest was to use them up. Animals aren't critical of some of the color combinations.

I would enjoy hearing from you again. It is always a pleasure meeting some one with the same interest.

Take care.
    Gerry

4. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toy-chest View Post
    Hi Barbara,

What type of things do you enjoy making? Do you have any special projects that you do to use up your left over yarn?

Gerry
    Hello Gerry,

I have been working on learning my stitches again since I took some time away from crocheting (about 10 years). Having children has kept my quite busy. I have recently been doing some smaller projects because my time is still limited.

My left over yarn has went to my daughter to do plastic canvas, and recently to my girl scout troop for other crafts!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Texas! What part are you from? I live in North East Texas.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Texas

I live in the mini metropolis of Brackettville. It is located on Highway 90 midway between Uvalde and Del Rio. I live on Fort Clark Springs. I guess we are considered West Texas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahh, I grew up in Devine and graduated from there. I think we played Uvalde in football!