Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Hello! My name is Mari and I'm New here :)

Hi. I'm new to Crochet Talk and I'm hoping I can brush Off the Cobwebs on my fingers

Many Moons ago I was quickly taught Basic Crochet stitches by a German old Lady. On this New Moon I want to start making things for my Granddaughter and I just can't the stitches right, they come out either too tight or too loose.
    I was looking at some Video tutorials and I can see that I don't even hold the yarn correctly between my fingers (I guess everyone have their very own book of tricks).

I was trying to make some Crochet Flowers and I ended up with 6 NOT matching at all....
    Can someone Please Post a Step by Step Tutorial in how to Make a 3" inch Ruffled Rose? or any Ruffled Flower...
    I know there are many styles out there and I do want to learn how to make all of them but I think my problem is that I keep loosing the stitches count...

Can someone Help Me? Please!
    I would really appreciate it!!.. Thanks, Mari.

2. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochet talk happy to meet you

the pattern is chain 30 in the 5th chain from the hook sc chain 5 sc in the next chain repeat to the end if that is not big enough you can make more chains the number of chains will determine how big it will be here is a tutorial this will show you how to make it as well as how to assemble it

good luck and happy crocheting
    God will never put more on your plate then you can handle.
    http://pinterest.com/eva64

4. Likes Val, ladyspaniels liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forums! It is nice to meet you and have you here on site with us! Hopefully, the video is helpful for you. Others may come along over the weekend to that have done flowers. Glad to have you here!

Post Thanks / Like
    howdie, welcome and happy crocheting. Maybe you tension is off, practice is the only solution for that; but I mentioned a granny square afghan might help w/ your tension and you get a nice blanket....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there and welcome. I see someone has already helped you out with some really cute flowers. I might just have to try them myself.

I look forward to chatting with you.
    Barby Sue
    Be who you are and say what you mean

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to crochet talk. You'll find many wonderful and helpful people here. Hope the video helps. Keep practicing, your tension will get better. Happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, and I gotta agree with Barby...think I'm gonna have to try those adorable flowers myself too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mari, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi there! I am Larisa darling doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן