Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Question Hello all! I could use a little inspiration...if you don't mind.

I am from Portland Oregon. Retired now and have some time on my hands. So...
    I am new to crocheting. I know the basics, ch, sc, dc, and that's about it. I would like to make an afghan with marbled yarn. Any ideas for a pretty pattern that is easy on a beginner? The yarn I bought is called MARBLE Chunky 200g, acrylic. It says it knits to most chunky patterns. I bought 3 skeins and a 10.0mm hook. Ideas from you would be great. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jennas Mimi

Welcome to the forum! My first afghans tended to the one big granny squares where you go round and round in a square , double crochet 3, chain 3, and repeat, etc. Didn't find a pattern for that---though I'm sure there is one.

But looking for a pattern with "chunky" yarn I found this that looks nice even though it says it is single crochet--only you work it by crocheting in the back loops only which give it the ribbed look.
    Crochet Collection: Easy Afghan Crochet Instructions

Course crochet pattern central has a whole page of links to afghan patterns you could look at to see if any of them appeal to you, too.
    Crochet Pattern Central - Free Afghan Crochet Pattern Link Directory

Post Thanks / Like
    There are so many available websites on how to crochet. Lion brand yarn has one of the best, I think. You can go to utube and watch how stitches are done. It helped me alot. I am retired also and just learning to crochet. I'm not afraid to tackle bigger things now. Google "free crochet patterns" and you will get more sites than you have time to look at. Carol Oh, and PS - you are going to need more than 3 skeins for an afghan. Good luck!