Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Introduction

Hello:

I am a left-handed person in a right-handed world. Although I do use the right side of my brain. I think it all stops at Crocheting. I think that crocheted items are very beautiful. I long to be able to create crocheted pieces but I am unable to get over the right-handed videos and instructions. I have compensated by using my right hand for most things, however, I write, eat, and, apparently, crochet with my left hand. That is to say that I hold the crochet hook in my left hand. I do get some of the stuff but an confused by others. It has been so long since I tried to crochet and now I am even more confused. I will keep on plugging away unless someone out there has a solution.

Thanx.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilis

Post Thanks / Like
    Pleased to meet you, fellow lefty ! I just got used to doing everything backwards.LOL

4. Likes Anaisa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you here on site with us! Please let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbara:

Thank you. I'm sure that I will need help. Right now, to show you how much I have forgotten, I'm trying to figure out how to Crochet the Red Heart Boutique Shashay Scarf. Somehow I am having trouble getting the right holes uncovered. I thought that I would try to iron the top part of the entire skein and then rewind it so that it all lays flat. I am hoping that it will be easier for me to handle it when it begins to curl. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I think BarbySue just made some of these. Hang on !

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! Maybe these videos from the crochet geek will help you:

Crochet Geek - Free Instructions and Patterns: Crochet 101: Left Hand Crochet

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and Howdie; I'm a lefty too...except w/ using scissors....happy crocheting.

Post Thanks / Like
    im a lefty too but i crochet right handed and i use scissors in my right hand. kepp praticing and good luck gramslams

Post Thanks / Like
    hi welcome nice to meet you