Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: grandmajoan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Grandmajoan and welcome! So glad you decided to join us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello grandmajoan
    Welcome to the forum . Everyone here is very friendly . I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned to crochet in my early 20's. Now I am approaching 75. Learned to knit at age 7. Didn't knit much after my teens. Got back into it about 12 years ago. a friend got me hooked and I knit every day. Try to keep to one wip at a time. I will try to post some pics of my work later.
    Grandmajoan

4. Likes PookieS21, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Joan!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Grandmajoan! I am a grandma too and also a great grandma. I enjoy crocheting for all of them. We're glad you have joined us here on the forum!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Grandmajoan

Nice to meet you. I am a grandma as well, 5 grandchildren, but I still can't find enough time in a day to crochet. I don't know ....maybe when I retire. But that doesn't look too close in the future. I love to crochet amigurumi projects. I have these animals all over the house. (One of my 5 grandchildren lives with us) as well as I have some special ones no one is allowed to touch!!!!!

I own a dance school, mostly ballet, but other genres of dance too, which is why I said retirement is not too close in my future, although I am 67, I still have that drive to work at what I have done since I was 3. We just had our annual recital last week. Our shows are not your typical dance recitals but actually story lines with the dancers as parts of the story. One segment, about 25 minutes each year is devoted to a story ballet alone. This year was Peter Pan. My oldest grandson was Peter Pan, he is 15 and a magnificent ballet dancer. Two of his siblings were also in the Peter Pan portion as well as his youngest sister was with the 3 & 4 year olds.

So this is my life....I don't see retirement too soon. I just need to slow down a bit and find time to make some more animals.....LOL

So nice to meet you

Teri
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, Grandmajoan, Nice to have you join us. I learned some crochet stitches as a little girl of 5 never picked the hook up again until I had a daughter of my own. I learned to knit a few years ago watching YouTube videos. I don't call myself a knitter as I can still learn something new. I pretty much love everything with a hook or needles. I sew, Tat, embroider, cross stitch and share what I know if somebody needs help.
    Spoula

9. Likes MeToo! liked this post