Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

This is my first post with you. I am very excited to learn and listen and share with all of you! My interests are quite varied: I am retired and enjoying every minute of it. I have crochetede and knitted off and on for years so each time I pick up needles or hooks I have to reaquaint myself with stitches, etc. Right now I am interested in finding about aran crochet stitches for an afgan I am working on. The pattern has a few stitches I don't care for so I am looking for more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Alice,

Welcome to the group! It is a pleasure to have you! I hope that you will find the help you need here.

Here is a link for a crocheted aran afghan if you are looking for one:

Crocheted Aran Afghan - aran pattern with cables, seed stitches, Lobster Claw, Braid, Basket Weave

To me, this one seems for more advanced crocheting. Are you looking for an easy pattern?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I have worked with a few aran stitches and really like them. I got a Leisure Arts crochet book on aran afghans and enjoyed the cable stitch that involves a low ridge front (two rows) and a cable (two rows) amd repeat low ridge front rows. Are you familiar with this?

Post Thanks / Like
    did you get my post re a cable stitch in an aran afghan I sent earllier?