Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Holiday Greetings to all from CA

Just found this site so very new here. This year Christmas will be very special. My 19 yr old grandson who is in the US Army will be flying home and arrive on 12/01/11. We are all so excited he will get to be home through Christmas but has to report back on duty in VA shortly after. I am crocheting decoration items of red, white, & blue ribbons and Army hats. We are making Welcome Home posters to be placed out
    front so everyone who drives by our home will know our excitement for the few days
    to follow. It's been very difficult for me to deal with Blaine being in the Army and stationed so far away. Crochet is my consulation to go through the days while he is away and so far from home. Every day I am at my computer to look through the crochet sites I have found. I am mom of 3 grown adults, and 8 grandchildren with #9 due in Feb. With the new little one due soon, will be crocheted blankets, & more booties. Of course its blue things to crochet. Happy Holidays to everyone.

2. Likes Barbara G., dreaquin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladytrucker,

Welcome to the group! I am glad to hear of your son returning home. I know that must be VERY exciting. Congrats on the new grandbaby coming, as well. It is great to have you as a new member. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Ladytrucker,

Welcome to the group! I am glad to hear of your son returning home. I know that must be VERY exciting. Congrats on the new grandbaby coming, as well. It is great to have you as a new member. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Good Morning, It was indeed a pleasure to wake up & see this post you sent me.
    My mother taught me to crochet when I was about 15 and now at 63, still love to
    make things. For some reason I cannot get baby sweaters to look like the pictures.
    I call crochet my "destruction derby"...crochet for hours and if it doesn't look right, it takes all of a very few minutes to pull out all the stitches only to start over or not continue at all. That has happened a lot. Slippers...another story. Have found only one that I can do and not get totally confused. They are quick & easy and in one piece with continuius rounds with the only sewing is at the heel and can be done with slip stitch, single crochet or with a yarn needle to close. I have a lot of that style. I have a great love for crochet. It is very relaxing for me. Would really like to make baby sets if I can find some that I can understand. Hope to learn a lot while on this web site. Thank you so much for writing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ladytrucker,

It is a pleasure to greet you!

We have posted some baby patterns in the links and resources thread. You may consider looking them over. We have also added some videos which are really helpful to many people to actually "see" the information.

Let us know if you need any help! Have a wonderful day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you so much for your reply. There are still so many things I don't know about crocheting. I don't consider myself as
    the advanced crocheter because some of the stitches are difficult for me to understand. The patterns have to be up to the
    intermediate level then I can probably do the project. I will look into the videos and the patterns. Working on one of the
    and almost done with the first one. Have a wonderful day. Happy crocheting!