Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome! So glad you joined us!

Post Thanks / Like
    We're happy to welcome you. As an aging women's libber, I am glad to see a man experimenting with creativity, nothing should be off limits to males or females. Have your wife check out the beginning crochet tutorials on this site and YouTube, they teach different stitches, some even have slow motion. Good Luck, we're a pretty friendly bunch! Caro

Post Thanks / Like
    Your mitten sure looks warm, hat too. You could do a red hat and white beard and make a Santa hat !!Oh, welcome to the group ! Kitty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, so glad you could join us. Yes.. we love pictures, would love to see some of the things you crochet. You sound very busy. Its so great you could teach someone bline to crochet. I love to read, so will be checking out your books.. Thank You for sharing them.

Post Thanks / Like
    me too, hows tj?

Jacksonville, Florida, but hate it. BAMA native
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    Glad to have you. That bedspread sounds ambitious! You will post pictures when you are done, please.
    What kind of thread & pattern are you using? Can't wait to see it. Just jump in anytime. We aren't bashful.
    The idea for your wife to check out YouTube is a good one. She can look until she finds an instructor
    She likes, & give it a try. Have a good weekend.
    Jane

7. Likes grandmalane liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just read TG the Terrific. Made me miss my border collie even more.
    http://tinypic.com/k3rq4z.gif

9. Likes grandmalane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    is your wife not interested in doing crochet?

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL - I hadn't even thought of a red hat w/ a white beard. Thanks, Kitty. I may just try that! The mitten is extra warm because it is crocheted on the back loop. This creates a corduroy effect that gives it extra thickness. TGsDad

12. Likes grandmalane, Kitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Val. I've decided to make my "beard-hat" with the "Basic Ear Warmer" pattern from your link to AllFreeCrochet.com. My plan is to close off the top (making the ear warmer into a hat), then adding the beard/chin strap. I appreciate your suggestions. BTW, downloading patterns from the internet works best for me if I just "select all" then send it to my free Primo PDF printer. That way it will be saved as a pdf in my crochet-projects folder and I won't lose the paper the pattern would have been printed on. And at my age that is a frequent problem. LOL TGsDad