Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Any room in here for a 75 yr old male?

I've been crocheting for 8+ years since my mother died and left several unfinished projects. Grabbed a book fm B&N and self taught. Am working on a 9x9 ft king bedspread; hope I'm around to finish it. Currently make mittens w/ Mom's pattern for church to distribute. Taught a blind man to crochet by using 2 electric extension cords with different tactile feels. Told him his extended arm w/ cupped hand was like a crochet hook. It worked. He was happy to know what his wife was doing. (Mom used to crochet 370 prs of mittens each year.) I am also writing books - completely free downloadable, no sign-up needed at tg-books.yolasite.com. Am interested in patterns for male hats, etc.

2. Likes janie mae liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and welcome!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi TGsDad, welcome to the forums!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes Kathy B. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    Howdie and welcome...would love to see a pic of your work.....happy crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, TGsdad, and Welcome!!!

I am Landon and I am very impressed about you teaching a blind man to crochet. I want to hear more about that and a link to your books also please?
    And yes on the pics, I second what Anaisa said, we do love pictures around here!!
    I am delighted you have joined us, this is a community of very kind, talented and down too earth folks. We have some men here, and by the way, I am a woman in case you were wondering because of my name.

Happy Crafting,
    Landon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Any room in here for a 75 yr old male?-mitten-5-7-size-jpgAny room in here for a 75 yr old male?-craft-hat-fake-beard-jpgMitten Pattern.pdfThank you for all your comments and suggestions.
    Since I haven't done this before, I'm not sure how this will turn out, but I have attached 3 files. There is a pdf of my mother's mitten pattern with my 'improvements' added. There is also a single mitten photo of one that I made. Last Christmas my Green Bay Packers colored mittens went over well at the Church's bizzare. I paired gold mittens with green mittens and each mitten was finished off by crochetting the opposite color yarn. They went fast.

I also attached a pop-up that you have probably all received - the fake-beard hat. I will be using one of the hat patterns that you have sent me and crafting my own, shall we call it a chin-strap, onto it.

In answer to a post above, my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com. Therein, it explains that I started with a biography of our border collie. Recently I've begun "re-living" my time with her in a fictional series of search and rescue short stories. My goal is one book each 6-months. Gotta find time in between to crochet.

Sadly, I'm not doing well in teaching my wife of 52 years to crochet. But we will get there, too.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the group! Young and old are welcome here as well as male and female! Glad you are here on site with us and thanks for sharing your info with us!