Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    After TG died, we both would burst into tears whenever her name was mentioned by anybody. That continued for over two years. The book didn't mention her death because it was written at least two years earlier. The level of mental communication between us was so incredible. Whenever I typed her name at the computer, she would look up at me, give my arm a nudge w/ her nose or just give a soft whine. She knew even when I was thinking about her. Later, in a different house with a U-shaped floor plan, I was kneeling down giving our cat her insulin injection and I wondered if I had remembered to bring her back into the house. Just then I heard her come trotting from around several corners. She gave me one lick on the face, then went to her rug to lie down. I could feel her tell me, "No, I'm right here, Dad."

If you don't want to get choked up, please stop reading this post right now.

When TG was 12+ years old, I opened the patio door one day around 5 pm to let her back into the house. She was resting on a large patio stone. I said, "Come in, TG." But she replied, "No, I'm just going to stay here until I die." I nearly went into shock. Recovering, I yelled at her, "You are not. Come into the house!" She got up slowly and walked obediently into the house. I kept wondering, How did that thought get into my head? She wasn't sick. A bit of arthritis, yes, but nothing else. I told my wife what I had "heard" and she dismissed it, too. Less than 5 hours later, TG was gone. We didn't know she was critical until just 6 minutes prior to that. That was in 2005 and now I'm crying again. TGsDad

Post Thanks / Like

Remembering TG

<<<<deleted>>>>
    Last edited by TGsDad; 11-10-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Oops, posted same thing twice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Too late, I'm aready sniffling. My soul mate, a 12 year old black cat named Isis developed mammary tumors and I had to put her to sleep right after Christmas 2010. I still miss her. I had to put her sister Ammie asleep the April before. I've had people ask me why I would want a pet if it hurts so much when they're gone. I guess they just can't understand what an animal you love brings to your life, how it enriches you and makes you a better person. I still have 2 boy cats and an old Rottweiler/black lab mix, who is having a hard time walking. She is so sweet, mostly my son's dog, but, I am her mama. We'll be facing the decision of what to do with her if it becomes too hard for her to go in and out. I'm crying already, just thinking about it. A lot of us have pets on this site, they are so amazing and a gift of joy. Caro

4. Likes TGsDad liked this post