Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to site

Post Thanks / Like

New to site

Hi, I'm new to this site I really enjoy crocheting have been doing it for over twenty years hope to make some new friends who enjoy crocheting as much as I do

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackierose,

It is so nice to have you join! Welcome! What projects do you enjoy doing?

I am Barbara from Oklahoma. I like to work on smaller projects, and eventually will go back to larger projects. I learned to crochet by doing an afghan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Blackierose. I am Peggy and live in Ia. Yes, crochet is a passion. I first learned while on bedrest expecting my first child. That was 29 years ago. I love afghans also. I really like tunisian stitch and have made a few character afghans. Winnie the pooh, lightening mcqueen and scooby doo for my three grandsons. My latest one was a tumbling blocks pattern for my nieces wedding. Now I am looking for something new and also working on a cross stitch pic[my other passion]

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,

I like doing all kinds of patterns such as doilies, afghans, potholders, gloves, mittens, scarfs, clothing for adults and children, seasonal, just about anything I really enjoy challenging patterns and new stitches I've been downloading patterns for different kinds of blocks thinking of combining the ones I really like to make a sort of sample afghan.

I first learned how to knit from my grandmother, than I saw my mom crocheting and was hooked the minute I did my first stitch and haven't picked up knitting again I really like the textures of the stitches. After learning the basic stitches from my mom I took on a afghan with the simple stitches as my first project.

It doesn't matter if it's a small project or a large one I enjoy both especially ones with stitches I haven't done before.

I hope I answered all your questions waiting eagerly for your reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Peggy,

I agree with you crocheting is a passion I first learned when was a teenager from my mom and haven't stopped yet and don't plan on ever stopping. Afghans are great I've been trying to finish one that I'm making for my youngest daughter all thats left is hiding all the strings and theres a lot it was a motif pattern of flowers almost done except for some reason the cat and dogs like to lay on it if I'm working on it so it's taking longer than I planned.

I haven't tried the tunisian stitch yet but I'll get to it I like the way it looks I love a challenge. Sounds great the afghans you made for your grandsons and the characters on them kids really want my daughters I have two are 23 and 27 no grandkids yet just a grandcat and granddog that I spoil!!

I think I've seen the tumbling blocks pattern in one of the magazines hope she enjoys it.
    I just finished smiley faced hotpads and another flur de lis hotpad pattern both are gifts one to my sister in law who has the first ones I ever made and loves that I make them there her favorite to use. The other is for my sister I also made dishcloths too thinking of doing more hotpads. I'm working on two sets of gloves, and the afghan for my daughter once I pick up the hook I don't want to put it down and sometimes when I look at the clock it's after midnight and still I don't want to put it down.

When it comes to cross stitching haven't really gotten into it I love the patterns maybe one day I will try one.
    I have so many passions it's hard to pick one sometimes.

Hope I answered everything waiting eagerly for your reply and thanks for the welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara,

Forgot to thank your for welcoming me so thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Blackierose! Welcome to this group I see you're a HARD CORE crochet-er from the things you posted here. You should upload the images of your creations to inspire us all here. And what's more you have a cat and a dog too. I myself have 2 cats and 2 dogs who are all perhaps just as spoiled as yours.

Happy to have you here. Hope your enjoy this forum as much as I do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackierose and members,

Great conversations! It is nice to hear about each and everyone of you! Hope everyone is going to have a nice time with family this week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Giftedchild,

I enjoyed your post thanks and yes I am a hard core crocheter I would love to post some of my projects on the site it would be great to get feed back on what I have made and maybe some great tips along with it. That's great you have dogs and cats too I've been told that we are few in numbers who do have both cats and dogs and here I thought everyone would want both in their homes I guess that makes us special for having room in our hearts for both and anyone who has either a cat or dog are just as blessed as we are. And Yes I think we should spoil them as much as we can they give us so much in return.

What do you like to crochet and how long have you been doing it? And I see your from the Philippines it must be beautiful all year round there glad your part of our community. Is there a form of crochet you do that is different than what we have here? If so I would love to learn something new.

I love this forum I do go on another site that is a community the site is www.ravelry.com and it has just about everything you want including free patterns you can download check out if you haven't already.

Great meeting you I hope you have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!!!!