Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hey everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone

I haven't been here in a while but I'm back now, lol

Can't wait to see and hear what everyone has been up too since I've been gone though currently I'm working on a harry styles sweater that is more then a month past due so I'm not sure how much time I'll have until I quit procrastinating and get back to work lol

Ttys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi murnah

I was MIA for a while too. But just started getting back to this forum. Actually, I need to get my crochet groove back!!! Work has been tough thorough this Pandemic, as it affected teaching, and the business on a whole. So my thoughts have gone away from relaxing and crochet and focused on my work. Through this I had a new granddaughter born in January 2020. I began a blanket for her in September 2019. It is really a tough pattern called Sleep Tight. I made a mistake 2/3s through the project and had to rip it out!! Needless to say.....it isn't done yet and she turned 1 the early part of January!!!

It is great to meet you murnah! Talk soon......
    Dance is the hidden language of the soul

http://otsegodance.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Teri and welcome back too. I hate having to tear work out, it just makes my natural procrastination so much worse lol.

4. Likes Teri, spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha...procrastination! Now that is the word I was looking for LOL....yes it does. And tearing out work makes you feel like "I just don't want to work on this project any more! I want to do something different"

I don't know, maybe just me....

6. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    My sentiments exactly. Lately I tear out more than I crochet or knit. I ran out of things I wanted to make and started making Barbie doll clothes. It was fun at first and I made 3 outfits. All 3 were different sizes for a Barbie. Who knew Barbie's came in different sizes. I had a lot of thread from the time I use to make dollies and thought this was a good way to keep busy. That was when my eyesight was much better. Larisa is my hero with all the lovely things she makes with thread.
    So to what Terri says is while I am making something and tearing out what I messed up or didn't like I am thinking of my next project.
    Spoula

8. Thanks kl1000 thanked for this post
    Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the look of crocheted thread but such tedious work! I made a baby dress back in 2014 all in #10 cotton. That was the last thread thing I made.Hey everyone-crochet-baby-dress-2-2-jpg

10. Likes spoula, kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    I love the look of crocheted thread but such tedious work! I made a baby dress back in 2014 all in #10 cotton. That was the last thread thing I made.Hey everyone-crochet-baby-dress-2-2-jpg
    Hi Terri, That is really pretty and I like it. Many years a go I learned to crochet using thread I didn't know you could crochet with yarn until many years later. I have 0.75 steel hook and a number 10 that are very old that I used. I was going to attach a picture of the baby dress and hat that I made with thread to show you but it won't upload onto the forum for you to see.

A lady on this forum posted a picture of a crochet dress in thread it was so pretty. I used that picture to make the dress. i could not do the stitches at the waist because at the time I did not know what that stitch was. Awhile back I saw a video for that stitch and it is very simple to do I wish I had seen that video before I made that dress. I think those stitches were called the Catherine Wheel not sure but they look like the picture.

The picture of the dress I made is somewhere on this forum as I posted it to let the lady know that posted the picture that I made the dress and it turned out nice.

Thanks for taking time to show us that pretty little dress you made. I like to see all the lovely things others make and it gives me new ideas.

Spoula

12. Likes Teri liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! How are you? I crochet the filet items. Now I am working on the my grandson face doily. Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

14. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kl1000, I know that will come out cute that is a good idea I never thought of that.

I took a picture of my younger grandchildren and made two cross stitch pictures of them. The cross stitch looks just like them. The lady on this forum that did the One Direction poster had the link on here where you could take a picture and send it to their link and they would send you back a PDF file of the instructions and the color of thread you need plus what the picture will look like. It was amazing how it worked. I am so grateful for her sharing that with us. The poster she made is awsome and looks just like the guy.

So does you little grandson want a baby brother or sister yet? Double trouble double the fun.
    Ha I just love babies.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Spoula. My grandson does not understand about brothers-sisters. It is not easy for my daughter to get a baby. Maybe, this one will be the only child. He is so positive kid. Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

17. Thanks spoula thanked for this post