Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

This is a newbie trying to introduce herself.

Greetings to one and all,

A little about myself. I have been married to my husband for 44 years. We have two wonderfull children living close by. I recently retired after spending 41 years in classrooms. I have been crrocheting for years. My mother taught me around 1955. My first projects were simple dollies. I have made 3 queen size spreads which took forever. Most recently I have been doing hats for the nursery of the local hospital. I have also donated several items (sweaters, hats, scarves, bibs, blankets, shrugs) to the local battered women's shelter. Now I am interested in doing potholders, hotpads, table runners, dishclothes, etc.
    I have been using patterns from the 50's and 60's. I am finding many knew stitches that I find interesting and confusing. So I will probably be asking several questions and anxious for your replies. All I ask is that you be patient with me. Thanks for offering this service to all with questions that need answered

Post Thanks / Like
    Kajidi,

It is nice to have you on board. I am sure there will be no problem with patience here.This is a great group of members.

I am Barbara and live in Oklahoma. I look forward to hearing more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi kajidi!
    Welcome! With all your experience you could probably teach us a thing or two!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome here Kadiji...I might not be a patient person by nature but when it comes to explaining things, I seem to be infinitely patient, maybe that is why I have been a teacher and enjoyed it so much! All that to say: it's great to count you among our number.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all for this warm reception. My big problem now is that I went crazy when a local craft store went out of business and I bought $300-$400 on yarn. When you consider that it was 75% off, you can imagine what a stash I have. It is all acrylic fiber and a medium 4. I purchased 3/4 skeins of each color. If you have any suggestions for projects please offer. I have no small choldren and no grandchildren. Do have a great nephew and a great niece. I like the KISS paterns (Keep it simple sweets). Will probably donate the finished projects. Thanks in advance for your generous help.

Post Thanks / Like
    The charities thread discusses a lot of ways to donate your work: hats for cancer patients, baby clothes for premies who do not make it, clothing for the military, etc.

I think for any of these charities something simple would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pattie, Thank you for your suggestiona. Never thought of a charities thread here or even on the net. At my age, computers is not something you think of as a first plqce to go for information. I used them while I was teaching, but just don't think of using it for things since I retired.