Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Lollywool

Hello Crochet lovers!

I'm Julia and I live in Dublin. I crochet from the age of 5- for more than 35 years)))
    My other passion in crafts is wet felting, and occasionally I can knit and sew. I like to combine several crafts in one project- though crochet is my favourite, as I find it most calming and meditating.
    For the last few years I was excited with creating a collection of Sea Shell Basket patterns that became quite popular.
    I would like to meet many new different people with one thing in common- love for crochet))), and that is why I’m here at Crochettalk)))

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Julia,
    Welcome. What is wet felting? Is the sea shell basket patterns in crochet? Could you post some pictures?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jean - Marie)
    The wet felting technique is a process of laying out combed or carded fibers of wool either in the ultimate shape for a seamless project or as a sheet of fabric later to be sewn into a garment. Felting is using hot water, soap and agitation to change the raw fibers into a fabric.
    This is my seamless flower meadow dressHello from Lollywool-lollywool1-jpg
    Last edited by Julia-LollyWool; 04-17-2019 at 05:19 AM.

5. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    All these baskets are made with crochet. Hello from Lollywool-il_fullxfull-674038029_emvw-copy-jpgHello from Lollywool-ravelry__2__small2-jpgHello from Lollywool-download-jpg
    Last edited by Julia-LollyWool; 04-17-2019 at 05:17 AM.

7. Likes Barbara G., kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia-LollyWool View Post
    Hello Jean - Marie)
    The wet felting technique is a process of laying out combed or carded fibers of wool either in the ultimate shape for a seamless project or as a sheet of fabric later to be sewn into a garment. Felting is using hot water, soap and agitation to change the raw fibers into a fabric.
    This is my seamless flower meadow dressHello from Lollywool-lollywool1-jpg
    Hi Julia,
    I know what felting is but I didn't know what wet felting was. Very Nice Work Julia! Is that dress crocheted and then felted? Your crochet baskets are Very Nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Julia-Lollywood, Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing some of your items. The dress is lovely and the little girl is an adorable model.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    This dress is not crocheted. It is felted only))) Many people presume that felt - is when vowen or knitted fabric is washed in the machine at high temperature ( like a sweater that accidentally got shrunk)...which is true...))) But felters do not crochet in order to felt, as there is no need for that. I sometimes crochet on top of finished felt, usually for embellishment)))

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much, Spoula)
    I will show more with great pleasure))) I was doing modern irish crochet for several years- that was a lot of work and a lot of pictures)))

13. Likes spoula liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Julia-LollyWool View Post
    This dress is not crocheted. It is felted only))) Many people presume that felt - is when vowen or knitted fabric is washed in the machine at high temperature ( like a sweater that accidentally got shrunk)...which is true...))) But felters do not crochet in order to felt, as there is no need for that. I sometimes crochet on top of finished felt, usually for embellishment)))
    Hi Julia,
    How do you felt without crocheting or knitting?
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-19-2019 at 02:21 PM.