Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done some Tunisian crochet using long crochet hooks and I didn't like having to use long crochet hooks; maybe if I got a crochet hook with a cord on it to do Tunisian crochet. I only know one way to do Tunisian crochet so when DebR said she was doing the Tunisian Full Stitch I googled it to see and it was the same way I did it. You can look at the 2 google searches that I posted above. There are videos of the Tunisian Stitch on there.

I just did a little bit of Tunisian Crochet using a regular crochet hook and when changing colors I put the different color through the last 2 loops of the row. I crochet over the other color I'm not using unless I forget to. Maybe I'm not supposed to end a sentence on a preposition?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DebR View Post
    Yes 60 stitches each. Skip the first stitch on row one crochet the last stitch on row one. Crochet the first stitch on row two but skip the last stitch on row two.
    Hi DebR, This makes sense to me after seeing the video I see what you mean. I have only seen videos of the basic Tunisian stitch.

Thanks for the explanation.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    HI Jean Marie, I tried the Tunisian crochet ( simple stitch) on a regular crochet hook to see if I would like it before investing in a hook I might never use. It was when I was making a baby blanket using squares of different colors. I did not carry the yarn as it made the blanket stiff regardless if I pulled the yarn tight or let it loose. I changed colors between the squares. I did big soft fluff squares for about 10 rows. I really like the look of the blanket but for a throw not for a baby blanket only because I used dark colors and large squares (request by the mother of the baby). I ended up doing a baby blanket in soft pastels instead and she loved it. I keep going back to the look of that blanket and then I tried the Entrelac stitch and fell in love with that one. The only thing I don't like about it is the front of the blanket is pretty the back is not. I like the stitch so much I might make a summer purse using that stitch because you won't see the back as it will be the inside of the purse and covered by material.

Thanks for that video you posted on the Tunisian Full stitch I looked it up too on the Internet after DebR explained that is what she was doing.
    I had never heard of that full stitch before.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't the Tunisian Full Stitch and the Tunisian Simple Stitch the same?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, The Tunisian stitch you pull up a loop the full stitch you go through the stitches.

The first video is the simple stitch the second one is the full stitch

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

7. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome DebR. Nice to have you join us!

9. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!