Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet is my therapy

Hi. My name is Gayle, username is Mickcrazed03.
    I am a yarn hoarder and crochet pattern collector.
    I love to crochet and look at yarn colors and what other people have used for colors in their crochet projects. I find the colors, inspiration and the act of crocheting is great therapy for depression and anxiety issues that I am always fighting.
    Oh how I love to crochet.
    Thanks to all you fellow crocheters out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mickcrazyed03, Welcome to the forum.

spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gayle,
    Welcome. I like a lot of colors too. I crochet a lot too and now I'm trying to get some more unicorn hats made. I haven't made the hats yet, but I've been making the flowers, leaves, etc. for the hats. Crocheting is not always fun for me. Sometimes it's just doing it to get it done and that's what I'm doing now. Some things are more fun to crochet than other things. Although if I'm sitting on the couch watching t.v. and I have some yarn next to me - it doesn't take long before I pick up the yarn and crochet.

My sister gave me some yarn and beads and a shoe box that I can use for cardboard to make a flower. She had tried it and a friend of hers had tried it and she thought I could do it so she gave it to me. She showed me on her phone that it's on pinterest and I didn't have to do it exactly like the way she found on pinterest. I found a few different ways to make a flower. One way is to wrap the yarn around your finger and then to wrap the yarn around a Q-tip - a person probably could use a skinny straw instead of a Q-tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items and collect patterns also
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet

Quote Originally Posted by Mickcrazed03 View Post
    Hi. My name is Gayle, username is Mickcrazed03.
    I am a yarn hoarder and crochet pattern collector.
    I love to crochet and look at yarn colors and what other people have used for colors in their crochet projects. I find the colors, inspiration and the act of crocheting is great therapy for depression and anxiety issues that I am always fighting.
    Oh how I love to crochet.
    Thanks to all you fellow crocheters out there.
    Crochet is my therapy also. Only problem is I tend to crochet myself to sleep more than I'd like to admit

7. Likes kl1000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a much faster method to crochet with this stitch to make a similar motif. But it is a very good trick when embroidering on fabric. Some time ago I had to make lots of roses with this technique, I wish I new this trick)))
    Thank you for sharing this video)))

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Welcome Julia

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mick! Anxiety and depression live with me also. A daily struggle but some days are better than others. Love my crocheting! A year or so ago I found I was not as interested in it as formerly. Read an article by a designer and realized I was bored. Since then I have been choosing more challenging patterns and my enthusiasm and therapy have returned. Feels good to know someone else is using crochet for therapy.�� Keep stitching! imalefty