Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous crochet baby carry basket

Came across this pattern for a gorgeous crochet baby carry basket it says2SC to 2 first st please explain what that means ty does it mean to put 2SC in the first 2 stitches
    Last edited by Benita; 02-22-2019 at 12:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Benita, Does you pattern give you the total number of the stitches at the end of the row?
    Without seeing the actual pattern the way it is written it could mean put 2 SC in the first 2 stitches or put 1 SC in the next 2 stitches.

I would need to see the pattern to be sure I have given you the correct answer or at least the first row of the question you are in doubt about.

There are others on this forum that will reply also.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Can u Google gorgeous crochet baby carry basket

Post Thanks / Like
    If u Google gorgeous crochet baby doll carry basket it's the first one u come to it says 48 st all together

Post Thanks / Like
    Benita, I did looked at your pattern and I was correct you will have 24 stitches on one side and when you go around you will have another 24 stitches that gives you the total of 48 stitches.

You will put 2sc in the first 2 stitches =4 sc) plus 16 sc and 4 sc at the end gives you 24 stitches one side then the other side =24 =total of 48.
    it is a cute pattern.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Found it, I replied to you in 2 other posts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Benita, I did looked at your pattern and I was correct you will have 24 stitches on one side and when you go around you will have another 24 stitches that gives you the total of 48 stitches.

You will put 2sc in the first 2 stitches =4 sc) plus 16 sc and 4 sc at the end gives you 24 stitches one side then the other side =24 =total of 48.
    it is a cute pattern.
    Spoula
    thank u so much for the answer one more thing why does it curl up on me when I'm crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello , You may be crocheting to tight. Also you need to count your stitches to make sure you are not skipping one.

Jean Mare just posted a video for you and it will help you. It is in French but it shows how you turn the corners. If you are not putting the correct number of stitches in the corners of the round that could also bunch up your work and make it curl.

Let us know if you need more help.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    OK thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    And one more question how do I know when the end of the row is and row 2 says 2SC to 1st,23SC ,2SC to last st I think it's put 2SC in one stitch and then crochet 23SC ,2SC in last st how does that give you 50 stitches that's only 27 stitches please explain