Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Benita View Post
    And one more question how do I know when the end of the row is and row 2 says 2SC to 1st,23SC ,2SC to last st I think it's put 2SC in one stitch and then crochet 23SC ,2SC in last st how does that give you 50 stitches that's only 27 stitches please explain
    Benita, You are crocheting in the round.
    2 sc to 1. st, 23 sc, 2 sc to last st (= 50 st).

You will put 2 sc in first stitch where you should have placed a marker to show your beginning of each round then you will crochet 23 sc and 2 sc at the next marker then 23 sc. 2+23+2+23=50.

Hope this helps.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 02-23-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Duh I see that does make since

Post Thanks / Like
    I looked at the Tutorial for this pattern and it is not intuitive at all. I can see why you are having difficulty. I read some of the comments form others that were having some issues with the instructions also. In fairness to the person that did the video and the pattern it is not easy translating from one language to another. You just cannot say one word in one language and have the same meaning in another one. For example: SC in USA is DC in the UK.
    Spoula

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    That is understandable I don't like to bother people I like to do it myself I only ask if I have to thanks for your help I appreciate it greatly

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    you're smart! I don't think I would've been able to figure out the pattern for the baby carry basket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks, and yes you would have been able to figure it out too. We make a good team together to help one another when we both get stuck or in helping others. We may go at it differently but we come up with the same answers most of the time.

I just replied to a post you also helped with. I did not see your post until after I wrote my answer. I am doing a basket in the round and the stitches are the same as what she is trying to do. My pattern was written funny and It took me awhile to get going. I am not using yarn but Walmart bags I have a ton of them and you can't dispose of them so I am making a basked to take to the pool in the summer. It won't matter if some kids splash me or the bag it is plastic. So far it looks cute. I stopped on my cross stitch my eyes are tired.
    Spoula

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula,
    It sounds like a nice basket you're crocheting. It's harder on the first few rnds but the more you increase the easier it is to do as you probably figured out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks, It takes a lot of plastic bags to get a 10 inch round. Also the hook grabs on the plastic my hands are tired, I have 90 stitches in the round. I just finished the last round of the base and the back stitch only that was hard to do too because the back loop stretches out. I have to cut up more bags to continue. I just did 4 Knit Sc and it doesn't show up on the plastic as it does with yarn. After I rest my hands for awhile I will try again to see if I do more if it will look good or not. If not I will just sc around.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Benita,
    I looked at the pattern Paapo: Gorgeous Crochet Doll's Carry Basket
    It says to ch 21. In round 1 you have 16 sc's and 2 sc's in each of the first 2 sts and 2 sc's in each of the last two sts. That comes to 24 sts. They're telling you to repeat the row on the other side of the chain. So you will have 24 sts. on each side of the chain. 24 sts + 24 sts = 48 sts.

I see you already answered her Spoula.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 05-12-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by byrongah View Post
    What kind of carrier do you have? If it was a baby Bjorn type thing then there are SO many better options available that spread the weight better

Hello Byrongah, I am responding to your post but I am not the person that was making the crochet item. I was helping her with her questions on the number of stitches she needed. I agree that there are other carriers out there that would be better for real babies.

The lady (Benita) that asked the question was making a doll carrier for a little girl not for a real baby.

Picture below on what she was making it looks like this.

I know it was confusing to everyone that did not look at the pattern.
    Gorgeous  crochet  baby  carry basket