Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

HI. I'm new to crocheting only started about a week Ago

Being from a small rural town also. Being new to the area. I can't seem to get any help with figuring out patterns
    I seen a video tutorial and said. I'd like to try that
    Well I did
    I done a few beanies . Got a little practice and now I want to try a little more advanced pattern. But finding it very confusing
    Any help putting this pattern in. A newbies terms would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Seancorb,
    What are you having trouble with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the pattern says. Do this and that for each round. But at the end it says repeat round
    Not sure if I have to do 2 rounds of each. Like I said. I'm very new
    I am learning this craft from only YouTube.
    And the instruction there was pretty straight forward
    I have an attention dissoreder. Which dont help with the counting of stitches as well. (Lol)
    But I'm managing
    Is There a way I can post a pic of what I'm trying to do and get it written in such a way. A newbie like me can follow

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh your from Holland
    HI to you all the way from Newfoundland Canada
    Last edited by Seancorb; 04-17-2018 at 07:36 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seancorb View Post
    Oh your from Holland
    HI to you all the way from Newfoundland Canada
    Thank you Seancorb. To post a picture click on 'Go Advanced' If you don't see it then click on reply and then you will see 'Go Advanced' Click on the 'Go Advanced' Then click on the paper clip on the top of where you would write a message and click 'add files' then click 'browse' make a selection, after selecting one picture click 'open' and upload it, then you can select another picture and click 'open' and upload it up to 5 pictures.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm

This is the first thing I done.
    Very easy to follow

You will use both skiens at the same time to increase thickness of the hat. It will make the hat tight and strong.
    Chain 4 and Join with the beginning chain to form a ring.
    R1: Ch 1, work 6 sc in ring, join with sl st in beg ch.
    R2: Ch 1, 2 sc in each sc, join with sl st in beg ch, 12 sc.
    R3: Ch 1, *sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 18 sc.
    R4: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 24 sc.
    R5: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 30 sc.
    R6: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 4 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 36 sc.
    R7: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 42 sc.
    R8: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 6 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 48 sc.
    R9: Ch 1, *sc in each of next 7 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, join with sl st in beg ch, 54 sc.
    R10: Ch 1, *sc in next 8 sc, 2 sc in next sc; rep from * around, sl st in beg ch, 60 sc.
    R11-15: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, sl st in beg ch.
    R16: Divide the hat mentally in your brain into 4 parts. Look at the Beanie like it’s a clock. Look for 12 o’clock, 3 pm, 6pm and 9pm. Ch 1, sc in each of the sc around, sl st in the beg ch. BUT… at 12 noon, 3 pm, 6 pm, 9 pm put 2 sc into the stitch. This will increase the entire hat by 4 stitches and make for a better fit.
    R17 – 23: Ch 1, sc in each sc around, sl st in beg ch

This is what I'm trying to follow

Yarn: Worsted weight, 2-4 colours, depending on chart used.
    Tension: 6 single crochets to the inch
    Hook: E (3.5mm)
    This gives approximately a size 7 ¼ (22”). Keep increasing for a larger size, stop increasing sooner
    for a smaller size.
    In the background colour, Magic Loop 10 stitches. Or, chain 5, join and work
    10sc in loop.
    Round 1: Work 2 single crochets in each stitch around. (20 sts)
    Rnd 2: (and all even rounds): SC in each stitch around.
    Rnd 3: Work 1 sc in next stitch, then 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat around. (30sts)
    Rnd 5: Work 1 sc in each of next 2 stitches, then work 2 sc in next
    stitch. Repeat around. (40sts)
    Rnd 7: Work 1 sc in each of next 3 sts, then work 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat
    around. (50sts)
    Rnd 9: Work 1 sc in each of next 4 sts, then work 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat
    around. (60 sts)
    Continue as established until there are 130 sts. If working charts #4 or #6,
    eliminate 2 of the increases, for a total of 128 sts.
    Work even until cap covers your ears, then turn work, place marker and work
    2 rounds in the opposite direction. Work chart pattern of choice. Work 2 rounds
    in the background colour.
    Cut yarn and pull end through loop to finish off. Work a round of slip stitch
    on the foldline. Make tassel and cord (Monk’s cord, crochet chain, braid,
    whatever you prefer) and attach to top of hat. Weave in all ends.

I stopped at round 10
    Last edited by Seancorb; 04-17-2018 at 09:39 AM.

7. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm probably over thinking it
    But still confused

Post Thanks / Like
    On each rnd. you do what it says between the asteriks and then repeat what it says between the asteriks until you get all the way around but you did 9 or 10 rnds. so you probably know that.

Post Thanks / Like
    the first pattern was easy to follow
    It's the second one I'm having the confusion over

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a magic loop. There are other videos on how to do the magic loop. I just make a loop or circle with the yarn. You can either make a magic loop and crochet inside the circle or chain 5 like the pattern says - either way you have a circle or loop that you can crochet into.