Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Seancorb, Welcome to the forum, I just saw this post and I will see if I can help you understand what to do on this pattern. You may have already received help. I have not browsed all of the post where others may have already responded. I have made my remarks in bold.

This is your pattern:***********************
    This is what I'm trying to follow

Yarn: Worsted weight, 2-4 colours, depending on chart used.
    Tension: 6 single crochets to the inch
    Hook: E (3.5mm)
    This gives approximately a size 7 ¼ (22”). Keep increasing for a larger size, stop increasing sooner
    for a smaller size.
    In the background colour, Magic Loop 10 stitches. Or, chain 5, join and work
    10sc in loop *Here is where you can try a magic circle or just chain 5 and join with a slip stitch then make your 10 single crochets in the hole.
    Round 1: Work 2 single crochets in each stitch around. (20 sts) You just made 10 now you will put 2 stitches in each sc you just made to get to 20 sts.
    Rnd 2: (and all even rounds): SC in each stitch around. (This means you will do rnd 4,6,8,10 just like this round 2, all even number rnds , single crochet in every sc) This is not an increase row.
    Rnd 3: Work 1 sc in next stitch, then 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat around. (30sts) ( these odd number rows are increase rows 3, 5, 9).
    Now you do rnd 4: just like rnd 2 single crochet all stitches

Rnd 5: Work 1 sc in each of next 2 stitches, then work 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat around. (40sts) (Increase rnd)
    Now you do rnd 6: single crochets around no increase you will still have 40 sts.

Rnd 7: Work 1 sc in each of next 3 sts, then work 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat
    around. (50sts) (Increase rnd)
    Rnd 8: same as all even number rounds not an increase round

Rnd 9: Work 1 sc in each of next 4 sts, then work 2 sc in next stitch. Repeat (On round 8 it was straight singe crochets not an increase round you had 50 stitches now you will have increased by 10 stitches to get to 60 sts at the end of the round)
    around. (60 sts)

Continue as established until there are 130 sts. If working charts #4 or #6,
    eliminate 2 of the increases, for a total of 128 sts. (This means if 130 sts is to large you can skip 2 stitches) and Work even until cap covers your ears, then turn work, place marker and work 2 rounds in the opposite direction.
    (Turn work to work in opposite direction is giving you a design around the bottom of the cap sort of separating the cap from the brim)

I don't know which chart you chose so I can't help with the last part below.

Work chart pattern of choice. Work 2 rounds in the background color. Cut yarn and pull end through loop to finish off. Work a round of slip stitch

on the foldline. Make tassel and cord (Monk’s cord, crochet chain, braid,
    whatever you prefer) and attach to top of hat. Weave in all ends.

I stopped at round 10

I hope this is understandable for you if not just let me know and I will try to explain better.
    Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 04-17-2018 at 01:31 PM.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    What are fillet items.

Post Thanks / Like
    I crochet filet doilies, tablecloths, bedspreads, runners
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Filet crocheting is where you can see a picture in your work like a teddy bear or a heart or something. This is the pattern for the teddy bear
    Crochet Patterns Only: Teddy Bear Square

Maybe you would like to look at kl1000's album
    https://myalbum.com/album/WGAGqdP7sSm0
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 04-20-2018 at 06:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Seancorb, Did you ever get past your confusion on your second pattern? I did not see any post from you stating that you received the help you asked for. I replied to one of your post let me know if that helped or if I was way off base.
    We can try again if you are still stuck. I know how that feels.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you here with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Seancorb, Im from Minnesota. Nice to have you here. As you noticed members are very helpful. I been on a break from group but came back just lately. Keep trying as you are I love Videos & like to follow written patterns also with same project . Update as your doig great. Susan2014
    Last edited by Susan2014; 05-06-2018 at 11:44 AM. Reason: REPEAT SORRY

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Seancorb, Im from Minnesota. Nice to have you here. As you noticed members are very helpful. I been on a break from group but came back just lately. Keep trying as you are I love Videos & like to follow written patterns also with same project . Update as your donig great. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. You will find some help on this site.
    Leona