Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hi from NC

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from NC

Hello I'm Lori from Raleigh NC. I am so happy that I stumbled across this site! I've been trying to teach myself to knit and it just is not working out. Anyway, I have two children -- my 25 year old son is in the Navy and stationed on Guam and a6 year old daughter with four legs and a waggly tail who barks.

If there is anyone close to Raleigh let me know.

2. Likes yarnmama liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello LoriBelle,

Welcome to the group! I am from Oklahoma which is a little ways for NC. So, how long have you crocheted and do you have any favorite projects?

I look forward to reading more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbi

Actually, I have not crocheted in years. I went to a cousins wedding in September and my aunt, who has been knitting and crocheting for years, has an on-line yarn business.* So I came home with knitting needles and yarn. I cannot get past the knit stitch, so I decided to go back to crocheting. I have a couple things started, but nothing complete yet. Do a lot of frogging. But I know that I will improve over time. Plus, I know that this is a great place to ask questions.

*I never post what it is unless I'm asked. I don't want people to think that I'm on here to plug my aunts business.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Loribelle,

Welcome to the group! We have something in common -- that of liking both crocheting and knitting. However, I guess I am just 3 projects ahead of you lol!
    Don't worry about the frogging part, even experts do frogging at some point. The members here range from newbies to experts. Let's say I'm just somewhere in the middle, and more towards the newbie level

I'm just happy that this forum is continuously growing, and that you're now a part of it. If you have questions, feel free to bring them up. Try to explore the threads since the topics you have in mind might have been already discussed previously. And don't forget to share what you know. There's always something to learn from everyone

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lori

welcome to the forum...I am sure we'll learn a lot from you and you from us! I crochet mostly and am at a good level but in knitting, I'm same as you...i can only manage very simple things that call only for the knit stitch.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Lori Belle!

Glad to have you! I don't live in NC but I have done genealogy research in Hillsborough, NC which is close by you. Beautiful country.

I think crocheting is quicker than knitting but I do enjoy the look of some of the knitting stitches. My biggest problem is getting things to fit, lol! I usually don't try anything except straight things like afghans, etc. but this year I'm crocheting hats for Christmas. (Maybe if I make them big enough they'll "grow" into them, lol!