Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

A big Aussie "G'day !"

Love to crochet; not brilliant. I use the hook like single needle knitting; but I get there in the end.

Looking forward to summer, when my rather large marmalade mog won't want to sit on my lap !

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi M-R,
    Welcome. I guess I'm little slow. What do you mean by 'G' day?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi M-R,
    Welcome. I guess I'm little slow. What do you mean by 'G' day?
    You've not been exposed to Aussies, then, Jean Marie ! It's just a slang kind of abbreviation - short for "good day", of course. First telecast worldwide by our Paul Hogan:

I was ... erhmm ... young-ish, then ...
    Last edited by M-R; 09-30-2017 at 12:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    M-R, Welcome to the forum nice to have an Aussie join us. What is the time difference between the states and Australia currently where you are living? I guess you all will be starting your summer and we are stating our winters.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    M-R, Welcome to the forum nice to have an Aussie join us. What is the time difference between the states and Australia currently where you are living? I guess you all will be starting your summer and we are stating our winters.

Spoula
    Thanks very much, Spoula !
    We have this very morning switched to Eastern Daylight Saving Time - the 'EDST' is to be seen in most of the eastern half of Oz until the beginning of April next.
    Seeing as how the enormous US is broken up into several time zones - six, I think - I can't say what the difference is between the south-east coastal part of Australia (where I am to be found) and you !
    Pick a zone and I'll be able to ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R View Post
    Thanks very much, Spoula !
    We have this very morning switched to Eastern Daylight Saving Time - the 'EDST' is to be seen in most of the eastern half of Oz until the beginning of April next.
    Seeing as how the enormous US is broken up into several time zones - six, I think - I can't say what the difference is between the south-east coastal part of Australia (where I am to be found) and you !
    Pick a zone and I'll be able to ...
    Hi M-R, Thanks for replying to me. If you live near Sidney or Melbourne you would be 15 hours ahead of where I live on the North East Coast of the USA. We change time the first Sunday in November.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi M-R, Thanks for replying to me. If you live near Sidney or Melbourne you would be 15 hours ahead of where I live on the North East Coast of the USA. We change time the first Sunday in November.

Spoula
    Lived in Sydney for 41 years:came down to Geelong (south-west of Melbourne - Victoria's second-largest centre) late April last year.
    15 hours ahead of you, eh ? - but then, we're ahead of everyone except the Kiwis and the various Pacific Islanders. We are VERY superior. Not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by M-R View Post
    Lived in Sydney for 41 years:came down to Geelong (south-west of Melbourne - Victoria's second-largest centre) late April last year.
    15 hours ahead of you, eh ? - but then, we're ahead of everyone except the Kiwis and the various Pacific Islanders. We are VERY superior. Not.
    Hello again, That is funny. A long time ago when I was working. I had some clients in Australia and I was on call and since you all are ahead of us in time I had my office telephone forwarded to my home phone. Oh boy. I received calls all night long. The clients didn't realize at the time I was the only one working with them. They woke my babies up all the time. I think at the time it was 16 hours difference then 14 hours different in time. It had to do with the winter and summer time changes. Anyway I love your accent. Only Paul Hogan thinks we speak funny. I love that guy.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to this wonderful forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lasvegasann View Post
    Welcome to this wonderful forum.
    Very civil ! - many thanks.