Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    MyLacyLife, Thanks for the reply and the explanations. The hardest thing for me in knitting is keeping the stitches on the needle and not knitting too tight. All beginners do that I am told. Ha Ha.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, especially when you are knitting with multiple colors. But practice makes perfect!
    All the best,

...and visit my crochet world at

https://www.instagram.com/mylacylife/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLacyLife View Post
    Yes, especially when you are knitting with multiple colors. But practice makes perfect!
    I use to sew years ago. I made all of my clothes and my children's clothes. I also did some crochet but when you work too it was never enough time to just sit and crochet. Now that I am retired I have a lot of time on my hands. I have 3 granddaughters and one grandson. Since I am home with nothing to do I picked up crochet again and taught myself to knit and some tatting. I like most things with needles better. I have a lot of patience and a lot of practice if you have read any of my post.
    I like to keep busy and make new things and continue to challenge myself. I crochet or knit for pleasure only just for the girls.

I really like your pearl sweater and your site you have many pretty things.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here on site with us!

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a cute sweater and hat Spoula. I'd say you could give the pattern a try but it's up to you. Is there anybody near you that could help you if you get stuck?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    That's a cute sweater and hat Spoula. I'd say you could give the pattern a try but it's up to you. Is there anybody near you that could help you if you get stuck?
    Hi Jean Marie, Thanks, I have had this pattern for awhile now and I keep looking at it thinking I would like to make it. No, there is nobody around me that knows how to crochet or knit. We are going to visit my mother-in-law soon and she can knit beautifully. If I get stuck she can show me what I need to do to get it going again.

We do not hold the needles the same way I am a continental knitter (left hand yarn holder) and she is a thrower (yarn in the right hand) it is difficult for both of us to watch the other and understand how we each just did the same stitch. It is very funny to watch us. I tried her way and she tried my way and it was horrible.
    Spoula