Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Help crocheting

Post Thanks / Like

Help crocheting

Hi I am trying to understand this. Row 4: Ch2, turn, [hdc and sc in next st] 2 times, [hdc and sc in next st, skip 1], repeat until there is one st left, hdc in last st. (20)
    Does it mean two hdc or SC twice in same st
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Maggimay55; 09-02-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Magggimay,
    I was thinking that the hdc and the sc was 2 stitches but if it was 2 stitches you would end up with a hdc in the last 2 stitches.(The 19th stitch would be a hdc and the last st is a hdc.) But it's probably a hdc and a sc in one stitch. That way you're only putting a hdc in the last stitch (20th stitch) not a hdc and a sc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie can you please look at the long sleeve bit of pattern . I don't think it makes sense when I get to shaping raglan armhole. I have done the fronts and back ok.
    Thanks

https://pattern-paradise.com/2017/04...glan-cardigan/

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the 'back' has a starting of armholes. If it does, you can see where to put the armholes when you shape the raglan armholes. I would attach the yarn on the back piece by where the armholes are supposed to be and then start to shape the armhloles and I would do it on both sides. Also on the Left Front shape the armhole and the Right Front shape the armhole .

On the pattern, the 1st one after the 'back' says armholes (more than 1). the next 2 (the one after Left Front and the one after Right Front says 'armhole'. I think the armhole pattern underneath the 'Left Front' is for the 'Left Front' and the armhole pattern underneath the 'Right Front' is for the 'Right Front' and the pattern for the armholes underneath the 'Back' is for the 'Back'. Then if I have that right then why is there another pattern for a armhole after the sleeves? Maybe that's if you don't want sleeves. You probably know that the sleeves are worked separately.

If you look at the top of the pattern the ch 2 counts as a hdc. I did rows 1-6 of the long sleeves and it turned out the right number of stitches. After you have the first hdc and the sc in the same stitch on that row you will have 3 stitches because the chain 2 counts as a hdc. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maggimay, I just saw this post and you may be further along now that you have Jean Marie helping you.

I read your post and this is what you do for row 4: after chain 2 in the next stitch [you do 1hdc and sc in the same stitch]
    now in the next stitch you repeat 1hdc and sc in that stitch this makes 2 times. now you will do hdc, sc in the next stitch, then skip 1 stitch and repeat this (hdc,sc same stitch, skip 1 stitch across you row until you have 1 stitch left that will be a hdc in the last stitch. Count your stitches on your row to be sure you have 20.

Spoula
    Last edited by spoula; 09-05-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie and Maggimay

I looked at the pattern that was posted just for the sleeve part. You can make long sleeves or short sleeves with this pattern. That may be why you have multiples of the sleeve pattern instructions. I like those kind of patterns where you can choose which sleeve length you want to make.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck,
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Jean Marie and Maggimay

I looked at the pattern that was posted just for the sleeve part. You can make long sleeves or short sleeves with this pattern. That may be why you have multiples of the sleeve pattern instructions. I like those kind of patterns where you can choose which sleeve length you want to make.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck,
    Spoula
    Thank you so much for explaining that to me I just couldn't see it.😃

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggimay55 View Post
    Thank you so much for explaining that to me I just couldn't see it.😃
    Good morning,
    You are welcome. Sometimes I am so excited to get started with a project myself that I forget to read through the pattern first. I start crocheting then when I get stuck I say oh I didn't see that coming.

Your pattern is really cute. I look forward to seeing your finished item.

Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maggimay,
    Welcome

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Spoula I am stuck again on the front bands I don't understand where it says chain 3 in corner.��https://pattern-paradise.com/2017/04...glan-cardigan/ thanks
    Maggie.