Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Baby afghan pattern

I want to know if anyone has the pattern for Mary Maxim's 'Playful Colors Blanket'? They won't seel the pattern until all their kits are sold. I have the yarn and do not wish to order the kit. Aside fom that, I really love the stitch. Following is the link to the kit.

https://www.marymaxim.com/webapp/wcs...-1_15046_15047

Maybe a very experianced crochetter can figure out the stitch from the picture. Please share if that is the case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poppy,

Welcome to the group! Where are you from? I am from Oklahoma.

We have a few more experienced crocheters in the forum. Hopefully, they will be able to help you with your request!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. I live in the The Villages, Fl. It is the largest retirement, golfing commuity in the world. They have so many activities you can't believe it. My interest lie in the needle arts catagory.
    I sure hope there is some out there that can help me create this baby afghan. The grandbaby is due in february.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poppy! Welcome!

I'm not the expert crocheter here but I did take a look at it--couldn't get it big enough to really see the stitch. Is this made with white and variegated yarn? Looks like the white is all in a row whereas the colors are in no particular pattern. Seems like you could find a stitch you liked on some free afghan pattern that was similar and just switch to the white as the picture calls for? I suppose it's something more complicated than just a triple crochet?

I'm like Barbara--I think there are probably people on here that are better crocheters that we need to ask to come and take a look at this.

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Poppy. It is true that the image is not very clear for me to be sure about what stitch it was but my best guess would be it's a shell (cluster) stitch...now as to how many triple or double crochets make up the shell, I'd say about 5 or 6. I guess if you worked the main body of the afghan with a repetition of shells made up of 6 double crochets it would look nice but you could try it for yourself and see if you're happy with the look. The border is (I am not sure again about that, lol) 2 or 3 rows of single crochet and then some sort of decorative stitch to finish; in doubt, I would finish with a picot stitch of some kind or that you could decide on yourself. Good luck, hope I have helped!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this pattern may possible be made with the same stitch .. I thought you could check it out and see if this will help you do the afghan.
    Short Jacket | Free Vintage Crochet Patterns hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Hi,

I found a similar pattern on the bernat site it's called Baby Sport Clusters and Cross Blanket the web site is If it's not the one your looking for let me know and I will keep looking Bernat: Home

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Poppy,
    I was looking through some free afghan patterns and saw a blanket similiar to what you were looking for. I found it under AllFreeCrochet.com - Free Crochet Patterns, Crochet Projects, Tips, Video, How-To Crochet and More under afghans. Sorry, I don't know how to post the link like others do in this forum. Maybe someone can help me with that.
    Hope you can find it.