Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: hi new to forum

Post Thanks / Like

hi new to forum

hi hookers (i hope thats the term used and not offending any1!)
    just joined and new to crochet. was hoping to get tips and inspiration from all ur lovely ladies or men (not being gender baised). i have come across some yarn which is different thickness which is confusing was wondering if there is anything i can make with it and if so which size hookhi new to forum-150100778296726701513-jpg???

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sam,
    If you purchased the yarn on the back of the wrapper if gives you information for recommended hook or needle size. Sometimes on the inside cover there is also a pattern you could try. If you don't have the cover the yarn was in you can go to the store and see if you can find a similar yarn and look at the back for suggestions. Looking at the picture of the size of the thread you could use a size 3 or 4 maybe even a 5. Try some chains to see how it works up. Maybe a scarf or blanket.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like

thanx

Quote Originally Posted by spoula View Post
    Hi Sam,
    If you purchased the yarn on the back of the wrapper if gives you information for recommended hook or needle size. Sometimes on the inside cover there is also a pattern you could try. If you don't have the cover the yarn was in you can go to the store and see if you can find a similar yarn and look at the back for suggestions. Looking at the picture of the size of the thread you could use a size 3 or 4 maybe even a 5. Try some chains to see how it works up. Maybe a scarf or blanket.
    Spoula
    thanx spoula nothing was on wrapper so will have to check some others in store. chained a few rows and it looks messy maybe thats the look it suppose to be. will keep going and try a scarf thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sam,
    I think a scarf will work because of the different size of the thread it should be a unique design. Try different stitches like single crochets first to see how the different sizes work up. If it is to messy try different hook sizes to get an even stitch.

Good luck, please post your finished project.
    Spoula

Post Thanks / Like
    finished project might be in a few months lol at the speed i am currently working! but will defo post once i make it thanx for replying

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us! Happy Crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-30-2017 at 02:35 PM.

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Helo Sam! Welcome to the forum! We're glad you have joined us. You will find so many people here who can answer any questions you have, or they can lead you to websites that will help you. Have fun meeting everyone!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx for getting in touch lots of others have also done the same and its nice that there r people out there willing to help and chat i have nearly mastered the basics and moving onto hopefully bigger projects. hopefully i can sell them one day