Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Roberta L

Post Thanks / Like

Roberta L

Hi! I'm new to the forum but not new to CrochetTalk.
    I have been crocheting for over 50 years after having learned from mother. She was a fantastic knitter, crocheted and seamstress. I know the basic stitches of knitting(knit and pearl), but that's it for knitting. I love crocheting because I get to see fast results. I've made quite a few gifts through the years for both family and friends. Now that mom has passed, I have inherited all of her knitting needles and patterns as well as her crochet items since I seem to be the only family member interested in these crafts. I do have a 7 year old niece that has shown some interest. I'm finding it very sad that I would have no one to pass my mom's crafts and needles and patterns down to in the family. Through the years, I find that I have made very few items for myself. So I am now on a journey to make a granny square blanket for my king size bed. The squares are 10 X 10 and are made in a variety of single colors. I'm about half way through.
    I continue to enjoying this newsletter as I finish my blanket.

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to crochet talk riaccorn-- i have tried knitting but it doesnt work out so i guess i will stick to crocheting

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Quote Originally Posted by lulu12 View Post
    welcome to crochet talk riaccorn-- i have tried knitting but it doesnt work out so i guess i will stick to crocheting
    Hello. Glad to be a part of the group

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums!

You are welcome to share your photos with us when you are finished! Would love to see!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Roberta and welcome from Cincinnati, Ohio! I too like crochet better than knitting. My mom taught me all of the thread arts: crochet, knitting, embroidery, needlepoint and sewing. My favorite of all these is crochet. Have fun meeting everyone here. They're a great bunch of kind and helpful people!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi and Welcome Roberta.