Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone, new here from Texas~~

Hi, my real name is De'Andrea and I live in Texas with my hubby of 38 yrs & 9 dogs. Yep, not a typo~~9 of the furry rascals! 4 female standard poodles, 2 shih tzus, 1 toy poodle, 1 pekingese & 1 huge sheepadoodle (Old English sheepdog/standard poodle cross~not related to my standard girls). All strictly pets, I do not raise them! I also have 7 parrots, but am in the process of re-homing them due to related health issues I have developed in the last couple of yrs.

I am not new to crocheting & knitting, tho I consider myself still the amateur. I have been working with both for about 40 yrs off & on, know all the basic stitches & do ok with some of the more complicated stitches as long as I have a video and or pattern to refer to. I am also an amateur weaver & spinner, have been working with these for about 9 yrs. It has definitely been much harder to understand and figure out on my own than crochet or knitting has been.

Thanks for having me here. I am very slow at working on my projects and I am super bad about putting one project down to start a new one & not getting back to the previous ones to finish.
    ~~De'Andrea~~

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I have 6 birds. I crochet filet items
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

4. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the warm welcome kl1000. Your filet avatar is beautiful! I haven't done filet in several yrs, it was not nearly as detailed as yours. I like working with lace weight yarn, I should check out a few filet patterns for some ideas for a future project.

I've enjoyed my birds very much, they are such characters. I'm kinda dragging my heels & not getting in any hurry to find homes, only one my rose breasted cockatoo so far has gone to live with a cousin of my hubby's. What kind do you have? I still have my 4 macaws, 1 white capped pionus, 1 female eclectus & 1 pineapple green cheek conure with me.
    ~~De'Andrea~~

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! I love your birds!! I have 4 budgerigars and 2 aggressive lovebirds. They are cheap enough. Lovebirds are smart and budgerigars are silly. Oh yes Filet doilies are my favourite now. I re-chart patterns myself too. Have you ever seen an armadillo in your area?
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group.

8. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kl1000 View Post
    WOW! I love your birds!! I have 4 budgerigars and 2 aggressive lovebirds. They are cheap enough. Lovebirds are smart and budgerigars are silly. Oh yes Filet doilies are my favourite now. I re-chart patterns myself too. Have you ever seen an armadillo in your area?
    Sweet birds budgies & lovies are. I have had them many yrs ago. And I do have a few budgies now in a flight cage together. Yes armadillos are very common in our state. They are very cute in an odd way little critters with poor eyesight and a super keen sense of smell. Plus they run fast!!
    Last edited by PhoenixNakia; 06-08-2016 at 04:58 AM. Reason: to correct spelling
    ~~De'Andrea~~

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you craftson for the warm welcome to the group. I have been roaming about in the forums a bit earlier and really like it here.
    ~~De'Andrea~~

Post Thanks / Like
    It is interesting to know about armadillos. I use to watch web cameras from bird nests. Now I follow the osprey nest camera. They have one baby hatched... so nice
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

12. Likes PhoenixNakia liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi De'Andrea,
    Welcome to CT. Nice to meet you. What are you crocheting? or knitting? Where in Texas are you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi De'Andrea,
    Welcome to CT. Nice to meet you. What are you crocheting? or knitting? Where in Texas are you?
    Hi Jean Marie, thanks for the warm welcome. I live in the country close to Haskell about 65 miles north of Abilene, the largest town near me on the edge of West Texas. Abilene is on IH20 about 150 miles west of the Dallas/Ft Worth Metroplex area. Right now I am crocheting a couple of afghans I hope to finish by Christmas for a coworker & her sister who are also good friends of mine. Once I get a bit more worked up on them I will post a pic or two.

I have been to & through Michigan many times during the 5 yrs my hubby drove an 18-wheeler over the road between 2000-2005. I didn't drive, just enjoyed going through all the lower 48 states with him & my 2 old toy poodles, my Mom's old toy poodle I inherited after she passed & 1 of the shih tzus we still have. He is now 13 yrs old & was born on another driver's truck heading across Iowa. I got to go to Ontario & Alberta, Canada during those yrs too. Got to knock off Yukon, British Columbia, & Alaska going to & through in 2008 when we drove up to Alaska for our son's wedding. He & our daughter-n-law live up there in Fairbanks. Her parents are originally from Wisconsin, her Dad retired from the air force there & loves to hunt & fish.
    ~~De'Andrea~~