Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Hi, I am a geezer but I stilllove to chrochet.

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am chrocheting a crocus doily and have run into trouble. it seems the last few rounds are mixed up somehow. I have had to make my own pattern for it. Hope it comes out ok because this doily is big!

2. Thanks Victori1724 thanked for this post
    Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, jdoodle. I am also a geezer who likes to crochet doilies. I just finished one 21" across, name of it is Brocade. If your instructions for the crocus doily are old (from the 40's or 50's) they are sometimes hard to understand. And if you have been crocheting for a lot of years, you are able to improvise to make it turn out as it should. I've had to do that on several doilies. There are lots of experienced people here more than willing to help if you really get stumped!
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    How do I enter a picture of my latest doily?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdoodle View Post
    How do I enter a picture of my latest doily?
    Go to crochet talk. click reply. then click 'go advanced'. click on paper clip at top of page. then click 'add files' and click 'browse'. Select picture by left clicking on it. then click 'open' then click 'upload'. If you get a big question mark - Don't worry. After it's uploaded click 'done'. Now click on the arrow by the paper clip and your picture will be there- click on your picture and it will be attached to your message.Hi, I am a geezer but I stilllove to chrochet.-sky-pictures-003-jpg
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jdoodle! I would also love to see your doily! I find doilies so pleasing to make!
    ~ Pineapple Laces

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to have you here with us! Please let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis also
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jdoodle,

Welcome aboard! I'm a Newbie to Crochet Talk, but, like you, an Oldie to crochet. I thought I could follow any crochet pattern (within reason) .... until now. I bought a Vintage 1970's dress pattern on Etsy and it's got me tearing my hair out with every line I read. I going to post an "all points" thread and hope someone can help me.

Be talking to you,
    Victori1724