Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello everyone!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Hello everyone!

Hello everyone, my name is Debra! I am new to crocheting. I had a knee surgery a few years ago and was stuck in bed for 10 weeks so I taught myself to crochet using YouTube. Once healed from surgery I went back to work and never had time for my new hobby. For now I am not working, so I decided to practice crocheting again and have fallen in love with crochet. I have not made to many things and am still learning, so I decided to join this forum to meet new people with the same interest and to learn how to make more things. So far all I have made is a blanket (which I gave to my father) using a basic double crochet and several scarfs for my children and other family members! Like I stated I have a lot to learn and I am excited about joining a group where I can ask questions and get tips so that someday I can make just about anything!

2. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, Debra and congratulations for teaching yourself to crochet. It is a very rewarding hobby. I make a lot of doilies and occasionally I like to make a scarf or potholder. You might be surprised at what a different look you can get with using just a few basic stitches and making scarves is a great way to practice these stitches. Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Beverly

"A desire to craft is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Debra, Glad you enjoy crocheting. I also taught myself to crochet. It is a relaxing hobby. I haven't crochet to many things lately, to many Real Life problems. But hope to do more in the future. Welcome to the group.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Debra! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome......welcome to everyone who found Crochet Talk....

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! Nice to meet you and have you on site with us! Please make yourself at home here!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group it is a pleasure to meet you