Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hello Everyone,
    I am new to Crochet Talk, but not to crocheting. I have been crocheting for the past 40 years or so. I learned from a lady who gave me a very brief lesson on making the ripple afghan using a half double rather then a sc. Naturally I didn't know what anything was called back then, nor did I actually understand what I was doing and ended up with the larges fan shaped baby afghan you have ever seen. But I stuck with it and pulled it out repeatedly until it some how turned out to be the shape it was intended to be. Naturally the lady who showed me in the first place moved away and back then there was no such thing as YouTube or internet. It would be much easier to learn now I should think. But through all that I did learn a lot and got the bug bad. I fumbled along until now when I can see a photo and reproduce some patterns with little trouble.
    I love textured stitches as they take a single strand of yarn and turn it into so many different patterns and shapes. I love working on afghans, doilies, hats and scarfs mostly. I don't like fitting clothing items very much, but I love them when others make them. I am officially retired now, which gives me a lot of time for crocheting and I love it.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Judi,

I look forward to hearing more about your projects! I, too, started out with a ripple afghan that my mother taught me!

Welcome to the group!