Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

never crochet before

Hello my name is Kevin. I have started crocheting about 2-3 weeks ago. So far i like it even though my first crochet dont look the best.

kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum, Kevin. Just remember, lots of practice will help you to improve. And feel free to ask lots of questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kevin, and welcome from Alabama, we're so glad you're here! We all know what it's like when you first start out crocheting. I've been crocheting for a very long time, but recently, I've been trying to teach myself how to knit. One thing that I've been doing is "practice swatches." It's a way for you to learn the stitches and you don't have to worry about how it looks. The more you practice, the better you'll get. You can start out by making a chain about 14 inches long and then working on your stitches. Don't worry about it being perfect, just keep going. The more you practice, the more comfortable you'll be and the better you'll get.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    hello Kevin and welcome. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet forums! We are glad you are here as a member!

Keep trying and pressing forward and things will come along!

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you need anything!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. The more you crochet the easier it will go for you

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Kevin!
    Welcome to the Forum and welcome to the wonderful world of crocheting!! As the others said, just keep practicing and you will soon feel comfortable with the stitches and the hooks. We have all been in your shoes!!! We are all here to help you in any way we can, so don't hesitate to ask questions.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Kevin Its nice meeting you. Welcome from the mountain of Tn. I am so happy you are learning how to crochet. There are a lot of lessons for beginners on the internet.
    Hope this helps. If not there is a lot other out there. Happy crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Kevin. You'll get better over time, trust me; I've been crocheting for 42 years, and I've taught many others to crochet, including my late son, and my nephew. My nephew and his wife crochet every evening after the dishes are done and the kitchen is cleaned up. Travis is planning to teach his two stepsons how to crochet, if his wife doesn't do so first :-) You'll enjoy all the wonderful things you can make, and I wish you the best as you continue to learn this terrific craft.