Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from a beginner + a question

Hello everyone! I am new to crocheting...
    I started making a sweater for my newborn niece (LAST YEAR!), but, gave up after making the back of the sweater for 2 reasons: b/c I couldn't figure out how to make the sleeves AND b/c I have a VERY hard time reading the pattern instructions. I've managed, however, to successfully finish making 2 scarves using only the SC, but, naturally, I am getting bored of that stitch... hoping to learn new things here to help broaden my crochet horizons!!

~Leslie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello it is a pleasure to meet you . I have been crocheting for 2 years and still learning new stitches. I just googled crochet stitches and that is how I found the different stitches. You Tube also has videos on different stitches. I learned the basic stitches like double crochet, triple crochet and others by getting a beginner crochet book plus dvd. I basically taught myself. I hope this helps you out a little. I am sure there are other women on here that could give you different sites where to look for crochet stitches. I am currently working on a double crochet rainbow scarf for my oldest grandson who is 7 and I started a basketweave stitch cowl that I am also working on. If you have any questions I will try to help any way I can and if I can't I know there is someone on here that can.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! I have not personally done sweaters for crochet yet. Hopefully, your question has been answered. If not, don't hesitate to post it again in the main forum.

Thanks for joining us!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome here Leslie! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Leslie, we're glad you're here. I live in Alabama. You'll find a lot of wonderful and kind people here with all levels of experience. Someone will always come to your rescue. As Barbara G said, if you don't get your answer here, post it on the "Main" thread and someone is sure to assist you.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks SO MUCH for warm welcomes!! =)
    Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas & a HAPPY,
    & Healthy New Year!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some free and easy patterns to try here Free Crochet Patterns for Baby Ideal for Beginners | LisaAuch.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Leslie. Glad to meet you. I also recommend the suggestions to from the other ladies, and I will add Pinterest (if you're not already on it). Go to the search page and type in crochet. I've found some new stitches and lovely patterns there, some patterns are free. Happy hunting and welcome to CT.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome

I am new to this site but have found a lot of useful information and wonderful people who are so willing to help. I learned to crochet and knit as a little girl. I stopped for a while but now I can't imagine my life without some new project to do (or dream about doing). I get books from the library or check out things I find here. This site can lead to a lot of information. If I can help please feel free to contact me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. You came to the right Place for help. Nice to have you with us