Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    For having been a secondary school teacher myself, I can confirn that you do need a lot of patience to fill that position! lol. I don't know how I managed to do it for years but I did and actually enjoyed it; my greatest rewards were my students' comments.
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Working with children (young and older) is definitely a joy! Especially when you see "light bulbs" going off in their minds. I enjoy volunteering and helping them learn through several organizations. And then homeschooling brings the joy of working with my children on a daily basis and seeing them grow in so many ways!

My main home is in the UK but it happens that we travel to visit family
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking forward to help my daughter with her homework when she gets older and goes off to school!
    FairyNatB

Post Thanks / Like
    Barbi, Patti, Fairynatb,

D'U know why I have put off crocheting (and knitting) for a whole decade? It's the crocheting language. It feels like an alien language all together and I find it so hard to keep tracks of stitch numbers and stitch letters. Waah! Ends up feeling more like rocket science than just good ol' stitching. But now that I have made the commitment to learn, I bet I can master a few numbers and alphabet. . And Barbi, no children of my own yet, but am godmother to two, and would it not be wonderful if I could make them a baby blanket before they reach their next birthday? More reason for me to learn. Thank you all so much for the positive support. Am getting my yarn and needle this weekend so I will keep y'all updated.

5. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to keep you updated on my progress so far; it's minimal, but it is something. As I was going through the links and resources room, I came across a link labelled 'Crochet Tips for Beginners'. It sounded like something for me, and I checked it out. AMAZING! With advice ranging from knowing the difference between yarn and skein (I din' know), how to position your thread, to why you should take off your jewelry, they really do take it back to basics. I get a better and better feeling about my crocheting project the more I get into it. Yippee.

Post Thanks / Like

learner

Hi Deethelearner,
    Glad you were able to find those sites. Thats great, it isn't really hard to crochet, but it so much better when you can see a picture with stitch by stitch directions. So happy that you are enjoying it so much. It is great fun and there are so many things to make. Misty

Post Thanks / Like
    DeeTheLearner,

Glad that you are making some progress! Remember that taking time to learn is a part of learning the art!