Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Up & Down My Walker Ramp or nose to the floor, maybe flat on my back
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I want to learn to make soft, feminine clothing of all types for myself. Novice here!

I only know stitch 1, 2, 3 and granny squares. I have made a few snowflakes.
    I want to crochet my own clothing, since I ran onto a gonga-deal of yarn at $1 per skein! I now have 12 50+gallon tubs of yarn from floor to ceiling.
    My husband hollers, "Now, don't you be leaving that behind for me to contend with!" (Such a Sweetie, huh?)
    I have searched and surfed the web and found so many patterns that I would love to learn how to crochet!
    Well, my first degree was in Clothing and Textiles, but my emphasis was/is weaving.
    I want to be able to sit beside my husband after a day's work and relax by crocheting. I just LOVE the feel, the texture, the combining of colors of fibers. I tried spinning yarn, couldn't get the hang of it. I don't enjoy the cumbersome knitting needles and that clicking noise they make. Picky, aren't I?
    So, I figure I need to start learning even the basic stitches, and add more to my trunk besides bits of discarded projects.

I WANT TO BE PRODUCTIVE!

I also love to give hand-crafted gifts to family and friends.
    If I do not create Something by the end of every day, I feel I've fallen short of the mark in some way.
    I want, when all is said and done, to hear the words, "Job Well Done!"

I know there are all levels of talent on this site, just by perusing it for a couple of hours. I think this is where I want to settle for awhile and learn all I can from some new friends. And, maybe along the way, I can share a gift given freely to me (I didn't deserve it, I was just born this way).

There is only one obstacle I can think of that might get in my way. This is that I have severe attention deficit disorder and can only work on one thing for a little while. Sometimes as long as 15 minutes, but usually I get restless and jittery after about 7.

So, I am a woman of Many interests that I can be successful doing. But, I can't sit and finish a project. I allow myself 5 creative activities that I rotate through during the course of my day. Getting nervous? Up I jump and go to another one of just those 5 allowable activities.
    My mother told me at age 5, "Sis! You have projects going in every corner of MY house!" Now I know why there was a little vinegar in her voice!
    My husband is exceedingly tolerant of my 5 allowable projects going all the time, and my popping up and rushing into another room because I can't sit still.
    However, I have learned that the motions my hands make while crocheting do indeed calm my mind, my spirit and my body.
    Crocheting compliments my sensibilities.
    Anybody there think they can help me create soft, fascinating, feminine clothing for myself?

I'm 5' 11" tall and have swollen to a size 20 because I'm on so many different medications that make me gain poundage with every morsle.

I would be so happy and so grateful.
    I would feel blessed and as though mercy and grace had fallen into my life's path.

I do tend to be verbose, don't I?

TNX 4 RE-Dingy-Dingy.

shadownebula

I want to learn to make soft, feminine clothing of all types for myself. Novice here!-dscn6309-jpgI want to learn to make soft, feminine clothing of all types for myself. Novice here!-dscn6339-jpgI want to learn to make soft, feminine clothing of all types for myself. Novice here!-rosettacarnelian-jpgI want to learn to make soft, feminine clothing of all types for myself. Novice here!-blkthunderbolt-jpgI want to learn to make soft, feminine clothing of all types for myself. Novice here!-dscn6310-jpg

Another one of my 5 allowable activities I work on every day.

LET'S HAVE FUN, EH?
    If you'll be a good sport, I'll make a terrific spectator!
    As for fan-mail, I give as good as I get, and I just love my MacBook!
    May I Join CrochetTalk.com Now? Pretty Please?​ With utmost respect!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the community! It is nice to meet you and we hope you truly enjoy your stay!!

You are a member here since you are logged in and made your first post!! I personally have not created crocheted clothing, but I am sure there are some here on site who may give you some ideas!

Happy crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thank you Barbara! I'm feeling more welcome every time I log in!

Thank you barbara!

Quote Originally Posted by barbara g. View Post
    hello and welcome to the community! It is nice to meet you and we hope you truly enjoy your stay!!

You are a member here since you are logged in and made your first post!! I personally have not created crocheted clothing, but i am sure there are some here on site who may give you some ideas!

Happy crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings, Polishgirl! My post is typed large because I have cataracts and it's easier for me to see. Maybe not take up so much space and just tolerate my own mistakes in spelling/grammar etc.

Simplicity ~ Wonderful way of life!

Thank you!,
    shadownebula