Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for crochet hooks for handicapped hands

Maybe some one out there can tell me where I can get crochet hooks for handicapped hands, I can barely hold onto a crochet hook, I do my best but would like something different. Like an exchangeable handle or something like that. I live in Canada. Hope someone can help me.

2. Likes DinahRoberts liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a set of interchangeable hooks that are "Provo Craft" brand. They have 2 different handles; one for each style of holding your hook, either "knife" style or "pencil" style. They work really well for my arthritic hands. I've also found that clover hooks with the cushioned handles are good too.
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Dinah

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board with us here at CrochetTalk! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about some of your crocheting adventures!

Post Thanks / Like
    was looking around the net for large handle crochet hooks. and found something very interesting about making your own handles out of Sculpey and Fimo polymer clay. they look so nice with the colors you use, and it is so easy to make yourself, going to try when I can get into the city again and get the clay.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have arthritis and had surgery on both hands...could not hold knitting needles, so took up crochet using ergonomic needles by The Crochet Dude. They are thick, soft, and cushy. Now I am learning a whole new craft. Good luck!