Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hi

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcome. I'm 60 years old and I've been a legal secretary for 41 years. My grandmother taught me how to crochet when I was very young; in fact, I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't crochet. I have five children and I used to love making blankets, stuffed animals, etc. for them. They're all grown now, but my oldest son has given me two beautiful grandchildren, my granddaughter is 3 and my grandson is just 2 months, so I'm back into making stuff for them. I absolutely LOVE to crochet. I can't wait to get home from work, make a cup of coffee, put my feet up and pick up my latest project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

It is a pleasure to meet you and we hope you enjoy your time here in the crochet forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much. I'm sure I will.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello It is a pleasure to meet you. I am from Ohio and have been crocheting a little over a year. I have 4 grandsons with two granddaughters on the way. One is due in a couple weeks and one in November. I am disabled so I taught myself to crochet using a beginner book and cd. I really love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. It's a pleasure to meet you too. I love your profile picture. I have a Beagle too, his name is Baxter, and I also have a Terrier mix named Marley. Congratulations on all your grandchildren. Unfortunately, I live in New York and my grandchildren live in Arizona. Not a quick trip around the block!! Thank goodness for FaceTime, which is great, but definitely not the same. I haven't even met my grandson yet, but I'm going there in January and I can't wait. Congratulations also on teaching yourself how to crochet. I learned from my grandmother at a very young age, but it was only recently that I started looking stuff up on the computer to learn new ways to do things. I already knew all the stitches, though, so good for you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Nancy and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I am a avid crocheter for over 30 years

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nancyjhudson View Post
    Hi. It's a pleasure to meet you too. I love your profile picture. I have a Beagle too, his name is Baxter, and I also have a Terrier mix named Marley. Congratulations on all your grandchildren. Unfortunately, I live in New York and my grandchildren live in Arizona. Not a quick trip around the block!! Thank goodness for FaceTime, which is great, but definitely not the same. I haven't even met my grandson yet, but I'm going there in January and I can't wait. Congratulations also on teaching yourself how to crochet. I learned from my grandmother at a very young age, but it was only recently that I started looking stuff up on the computer to learn new ways to do things. I already knew all the stitches, though, so good for you!!
    Thank you Nancy. I picked that picture because we have a Beagle named Lucky and a black lab named Cracker. I think we named him good because he loves crackers and also because he can be a little cracker sometimes. They are my babies and I wouldn't give them up for anything. I always wanted to learn to crochet. My mom always loved to crochet and knit before she passed. She tried to teach me when i was a little girl but i just never caught on. She got me onto doing plastic canvas. I do many types of crafts. They are so relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Audrey. Sorry for the delay in responding, but I didn't see your post until just now. I'm never intentionally rude. LOL Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I've been crocheting since I was very young, I don't even remember how old I was, I just know that I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't crochet. My grandmother taught me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Nancy and welcome! I make baby blankets for Project Linus, plus afghans veterans and the boys home. I have four grandchildren, 2 in WA and 2 in MN, and they keep us busy. Such a blessing. I am glad you can go to visit in January. We inherited Lola from our son about 6 years ago. She is a Staffordshire terrier (Nanny dog) and wanted to love the babies too much. I "retired" from medical transcription work (which I had done for 25+ years). I broke my hip in 2012 and have seriously crocheted since then. When I taught high school home ec years ago one of my students taught me to crochet! I hope you enjoy this group as much as I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet you. I see you have already met some of our great and wonderful people we have in this group. I have only been crocheting for a few years now.

Love & Hugs
    Debbie
    She is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future.

Proverbs 31:25