Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Crochet and beads

Hi
    My name is Alexis and I am a new member. I have been working on crocheting with beads. I found some instructions online that lead me to this site
    and thought I might ask other members if they have any helpful tips when including beads with a crochet item. Specifically I am making a round with a base
    of say 3" before turning up to make bag, final look is a cylinder bag with a draw string. I am trying to crochet maybe 3 or four rows in middle so it would look
    like a band. Any tips would be great. Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisd View Post
    Hi
    My name is Alexis and I am a new member. I have been working on crocheting with beads. I found some instructions online that lead me to this site
    and thought I might ask other members if they have any helpful tips when including beads with a crochet item. Specifically I am making a round with a base
    of say 3" before turning up to make bag, final look is a cylinder bag with a draw string. I am trying to crochet maybe 3 or four rows in middle so it would look
    like a band. Any tips would be great. Thank you
    Hi Alexis,
    I crocheted few items with beads. I always string all the beads on yarn that before I started crocheting that item or a part of that item. That was a very slow and tedious process. Because I would have to constantly move all those beads on that yarn But, I liked the results.
    I know there are other ways to crochet with beads. But I never tried that.
    Here are two pictures of my crocheting with beads. That is a blanket with monogram for my granddaughter and hat's.
    Krys
    Crochet and beads-beaded-monogram-blanket-reagan-jpgCrochet and beads-jelly-bean-hats-pom-pom-ties-jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
    Hi Alexis,
    I crocheted few items with beads. I always string all the beads on yarn that before I started crocheting that item or a part of that item. That was a very slow and tedious process. Because I would have to constantly move all those beads on that yarn But, I liked the results.
    I know there are other ways to crochet with beads. But I never tried that.
    Here are two pictures of my crocheting with beads. That is a blanket with monogram for my granddaughter and hat's.
    Krys
    Crochet and beads-beaded-monogram-blanket-reagan-jpgCrochet and beads-jelly-bean-hats-pom-pom-ties-jpg
    Thank you for your input. I knew to put the beads on first and you are right, it is very tedious. What procedure did you crochet the bead on with? Single crochet, pull loop up, then place bead y/o and complete the sc? Did you put one bead per stitch? or did you chain before putting next bead on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by alexisd View Post
    Thank you for your input. I knew to put the beads on first and you are right, it is very tedious. What procedure did you crochet the bead on with? Single crochet, pull loop up, then place bead y/o and complete the sc? Did you put one bead per stitch? or did you chain before putting next bead on?
    I string on that yarn all the beads I needed from the start to crochet each hat. Same was with that blanket. If you are asking me what kind of stitch I crochet that blanket and those hats. I am not sure if you are asking about that or not. It would not really matter with this technique.
    I did mentioned that there are different techniques of crocheting with beads, but I never try that.
    I think you should Google for video's and tutorials on that subject.
    Good Luck
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like

responding

Quote Originally Posted by Polishgirl View Post
    I string on that yarn all the beads I needed from the start to crochet each hat. Same was with that blanket. If you are asking me what kind of stitch I crochet that blanket and those hats. I am not sure if you are asking about that or not. It would not really matter with this technique.
    I did mentioned that there are different techniques of crocheting with beads, but I never try that.
    I think you should Google for video's and tutorials on that subject.
    Good Luck
    Krys
    Thank you I will try that, Alexis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Alexis, Many years ago, my sis and I did angels that had beads on the dress in different places, so you needed the beads on the thread. We were using #10 bedspread thread Putting all those beads on that thread almost made you decide not to make the angels. But we made them and they were so pretty. I wish I still had the pattern.
    You need to put the beads on first. On a hat they would be great but on a scarf they may be scratchy. Let us know how you work them. Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Alexis!