Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Iowa!

Hello...My name is Skye and I am fairly new to crocheting, I learned maybe a month and a half ago. In that short time, I have made countless projects...a couple of afghans, baby blankets and hats, TONS of winter hats, stuffed animals, and am working on a scarf at the moment. I keep getting requests from people left and right, "can you make this?, can you make that? If I supply the yarn, will you do this?". I have finally found a hobby that I feel I am pretty good at and seems to come fairly naturally. I originally had dreams of being a knitter, but those dreams soon died when I found I could not finish a project and it just felt awkward and was confusing to me. A few people suggested I try my hand at crochet and what a difference! I also enjoy small sewing projects and baking. I came here looking for a place to get tips, find inspiration, and make friends. Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Skype,

Nice to have you in the group! I am sure that you will find great friends here in the forums! It sounds like you really enjoy crocheting!

Would you like to share some of your tips or stories in the main thread? If you have any photos to share, we would love to see them! You can post these in the photos thread!

I look forward to hearing more about you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Skye!
    Wow, sounds like you're a fast crocheter if you have already made all of that. I also started out by knitting but like crocheting better because it is much faster although I must say I like some of the knitting patterns better! What kind of patterns are you most interested in?