Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Toys for Twins. Welcome to the group It is such a pleasure to meet you. I have made 2 stuffed animals for my one grandson. I just love to make them. Planning on making more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you on site with us!

Please make yourself at home here and come join us when you can! This is a great group of crochet and knit enthusiasts! Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    I make snowflake ornaments every year. I love to do this project with my granddaughters. Well I crochet them, pin them, stiffen them and then the girls paint them (with watered down acrylic paint or food coloring), then decorate with glitter etc and tie jewels to them. They love this project (messy though). I'm sure your girls will love any ornaments you make. It sounds like you are very talented.

So sorry to hear you are catching a cold. I hope it is short lived. It must be quite a challenge to be the mom of twins when you are also fighting illness!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sonnetta. Thank you for your hearty welcome message. If you have need any ideas for stuffed animals, I have loads. I've been searching on the internet for almost a year and have quite a collection saved. I don't know if you do Amigurumi but they featured a Rhino and Sprinbuck in one of our local magazines a few months ago. I plan to make them for the girls later on. In fact I would like to do a collection of African animals for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately my husband is at home to help out with the girls. A few months ago we were all ill at the same time and boy it was tough. I love your idea of the snowlake ornaments and would love to do it with my girls when they are older. In South Africa it is summer time when it is Christmas and all the snowmen etc. looks a bit out of place in the heat. I would still like to make little traditional ornaments for the tree.

I am feeling a bit better today. We are presently waiting to hear if my husband is going to get a job offer. The waiting is driving us insane and is quite stressful.

Have a lovely day and thank you for the snowflake tip.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Barbara, it is great to be on this site where one can meet other crafters from around the world. A friend of mine at our local church has asked me to teach her how to crochet. She saw some poncho's which I had made for the girls. I was in a charity shop last week and spotted some hooks. I asked her how much they were and asked if I could have a look at them. I found one which would work and told her about my friend at church. She then said that i could have the hook for free. That made me so happy and I've already seen my friend at church and told her about the special hook. Who knows I might get her hooked on crochet too.

Have a nice day and do take care.

7. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the links Jean Marie. I am looking for some free crochet patterns. I had a look on Ravelry and have saved the patterns. I had a look at the pinterest link too. The toys are just so cute. I've actually made one of the Daschund patterns on there for the girls. I also spotted Bubble puppy another favourite of the girls.

In time I would like to knit an afghan with Winnie and co on it for them. I might try and put one together by using some of my cross stitch patterns and just using a standard size jumper pattern and then working out the rest as I go along.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site Renee.
    I just emailed you the Winnie the Pooh pattern.
    Please post your pictures here when you finish them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for your help. I will post the pictures once I have completed them. It will take a while but I am going to start as soon as I can.

Post Thanks / Like
    hello and welcome from Pa. It is very nice meeting you and I am very glad to have with us