Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gina and welcome. It's nice to meet you. There are a lot of members who can help if you need it. You can also go to youtube for video help on crocheting and you can put the video on pause. I have found that when I need it, youtube is very helpful. So sorry about your mom. Sending prayers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lynda--Thanks for the help! I discovered a very helpful tutorial! If I can see it, I can do it! It was like OH,, THATS what they meaNt by that! Thanks for your prayers for my mom. Everyday presents a new challenge, but we come from a long line of strong, deep rooted Faith and a very close knit family. We have learned to look for the "silver linings"! My attempt at crochet makes her happy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gsays View Post
    I am 45 a RN part-time and a full time mom and homeschooler to a very energetic 7yo. My mom was recently diagnosed with an aggressive breast cancer and we are into our second treatment and not doing so great. My 2 sisters and I are rotating in and out so that they are not alone and I am "on duty"! I am trying to make her a hat. I have downloaded 2books on Kindle and have bought 1 paperback and I an just about ready to give up. So today as a last cry for help I decided to seek help here. I am a beginner and I guess I probably need a kids version. Lol but some of these steps don't make sense to me. Anyway hope that wasn't TMI!! Well it's bed time for me Because we will prob be up a lot in the night. Looking forward to connecting with you!
    Hello Gina and welcome to our group. I am new here too, just sign up last month.
    I am very sorry to hear about your mom. My mom died from ovarian cancer. She didn't went thru chemo. Her cancer was discovered too late for any treatment. About Chemo Caps..what I remember is reading somewhere that they need to be done with very soft yarn. Because chemo patients have very sensitive scalp.
    Here is a link for : Adult Chemo Cap Patterns:

Adult Chemo Cap Patterns - Crochet for Cancer, Inc.
    I crocheted many hats before I fell in love with amigurumi. If you have not crocheted hats before, you probably should pick very easy pattern to start with. But, that is only my advice.
    Krys:

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Gina and welcome to our group of friends. I think you'll really like the people on this site.

I'm so sorry to hear that your mom is battling such an awful disease. You're a good daughter to be helping her so much.

I make a lot of chemo hats. This is my favorite pattern. It's very easy and works up quickly. It's all in half double-crochet (HDC) stitches. I almost always use only 100% cotton yarn when I make chemo hats.

Crochet Hat Pattern #2 Free Crochet Pattern Oombawka Design Crochet

Your new friend,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW we're "neighbors." I live in Huntsville, Alabama.