Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a newbie to forums...

I've never done this before and feel a little silly since I don't know any of you and you don't know me. Here goes...

My husband and I retired to Arizona (just south of Tucson) from Grass Valley, California in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas in northern California. We worked together in our own lawfirm and so have been together 24/7 for 33 years ...and we're still best friends!

I have knitted and crocheted for years...mostly small projects like dish rags and scarves just to keep my hands busy...you know, "busy hands are happy hands". For Christmas I made an afghan for my first great grand baby. It was the first time I had followed a pattern in many years and being something of a perfectionist I tore the darn thing apart many times before I got it right. Wouldn't you know...my daughters, my granddaughter and both grandsons all said they wanted one too! So now I'm looking for patterns that will keep me interested long enough to complete them, which is how I happened upon this web site. Dish rags are simple and easy to take with me wherever I go. Adult size afghans are big, less portable and a little intimidating. Granny

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! It is nice to meet you! I am Barbara and I live in Oklahoma. I am a single parent of three children. We are a homeschool family, so we stay very busy! Glad to have you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barb
    Welcome to the forum! Just think of afghans as big dish rags that can be made out of any stitch...Following a pattern can be good but you can also just make up your own as you go along. I know I do, which keeps it more entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! There are many afghan patterns out there. And I'm sure others will have ideas! My favorite afghan is a ripple. I know it gets a bit boring at times but it does work up fast and you can make it in so many color combinations. You're right though-it isn't too portable!