Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Good morning everyone !

Hi,

My name is Diane (MamieDidi) and I am looking forward to this first visit. Although my passion is devoted to bobbin lace making (Russian, Venise and especially Cluny), my main objective is to find easy patterns to help me teach crochet to my grand-daughter (age 10). In the hope that she will be able to tear herself away from her laptop, and enjoy this activity, I trust that this time spent together will have a positive impact on our relation.

That's all for now.

Have a great day ;o)

MamieDidi
    St-Jean-de-Matha (Quebec)

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane,

Welcome to the group! Crochet is a wonderful thing to teach young ladies! Glad you decided to visit us! Enjoy your stay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Diane!
    It's a different world isn't it? One thing that might help get your grand daughter interested is to show her one of the many videos online and then have you and she work on the project together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi diane and welcome! Is bobbin lace making hard? Is it like tatting? I've always been fasinated by that but never knew anyone that did it! Maybe you will share some pictures of your work? Teaching a child to crochet will be rewarding! I tried when my girls were young, with mixed results. One of my daughters is now a very good knitter! Have fun with it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Many thanks for the warm welcome Barbara G. Glad I signed up. In only one day, I have received 3 replies.
    Have a nice day !

MamieDidi ;o)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Patti Hale,

Great idea !!! Since I am new to this site, maybe you could direct me to the source of the videos you mentionned.

Thank you so much! Have a nice day !

MamieDidi ;o)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maryjane,

Thank you for your interest in my bobbin lace making. Honestly, it can be quite tricky but I was fortunate enough to have access to wonderful books and also took courses for 3 years. I will come back to you on the photos of my work and will be available to answer any questions you might have on the subject. Unfortunately, most of my references are in French but I am sure somethis is available in English.

And as for my grand-daughter, she is quite spoiled (as all youngters are now a days) but she seems to have a positive attitude toward the project. Will let you know how it goes.

Have a lovely day !

MamieDidi ;o)

Post Thanks / Like
    MamieDidi,
    All I can say is AWESOME!!!! I could never do that! I'm thinking that it is a lost art? I did see it done once-as a demonstration at a historical museum! It definately is different than tatting! We have some very talented people on this site!
    All I do is crochet but I'm proud of what I do! Thank you so much for sharing your work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maryjane,
    Sorry if I did not return a reply earlier, my computer went coocoo.
    Glad you liked the lace.
    Now it's your turn to show me your work.
    Looking forward to see your pictures.